1 Day Kathmandu Valley Biking Tour (Hills, National Parks, Monasteries)
Kathmandu valley offers the best and amazing day tour experience for all levels of riders, be it a full-day climbing, single track exploration in the National Park or everything in between with full adventure. This biking tour to Kathmandu valley will take you to an elevation of 2,200m, past picturesque Newari villages and traditional farms. Also enjoy stunning views of the Himalaya, ride through wild forests, National Parks and many kilometers of rambling single tracks through rice fields and local villages. If you love biking then explore the of Kathmandu valley with us. The tour cost includes an English speaking guide, packed lunch, mountain bike and helmet. Depending on your physical fitness, you can choose one of the route below to start with:
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking mountain biking guide(s). The number of guides and assistant guides is dictated by the group size.
- International brand bikes and helmet (Full-suspension bikes, depending on your choice)
- All entrance fees for the temple, monasteries
- Support vehicle (in case of the emergency)
- Entry/Admission - Budhanilkantha
- Entry/Admission - Kopan Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Jamacho Gumba जामाचो गुम्बा
What's excluded :
- Meals, Alcoholic drinks and cold drinks.
- Biking attire and other personal gears.
- Tips for biking guide.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Budhanilkantha, ca. 9 km sudlich von Kathmandu. Narayanthan, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Option 1: The Scar Road
One of the most challenging trails in Kathmandu, the route goes to Kakani (2,030 m), an excellent hill station on the valley rim, and then to Budhanilkantha, and comes back to your hotel in Kathmandu. You will need 5 to 6 hours for this route.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Kopan Monastery, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Option 2: Budhanilkantha-Kapan Trail
This technical ride, which takes about 5 to 6 hours, starts from Kathmandu, heads to Budhanilkantha and then to Kapan and returns back to your hotel in Kathmandu. The route goes through two Buddhist monasteries. If you are interested and have time, you can visit the gompas(monasteries) and interact with nuns and monks.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Jamacho Gumba जामाचो गुम्बा, Nagarjun 44600, Nepal
Option 3: Jamacho Route
This moderate ride takes you on a 21-km serpentine road to the top of Nagarjun Hill (2,128 m) inside Shivapuri National Park. The top viewpoint offers some of the amazing views. It takes about 5 to 6 hours to complete.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from Kathmandu International Airport upon your arrival and transfer you to the hotel. We will meet you for briefing 1 hour before the biking trip begins.
Departure Time :9:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bike gloves – 3 pairs
- Biking glasses
- Long-sleeved base layers
- Short-sleeved and long-sleeved cycling tops
- Biking socks (at least 5 pairs)
- Hat and non-biking gloves
- 1 light weight point & shoot camera or 1 large SLR. Digital cameras are ok, but you must keep the batteries warm when not in use
- Hydration bladder with drinking tube and tube insulator
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.