1000 star snowshoe excursion
The pearl of Ruka nightlife: Explore the wilderness after dark on late night snowshoe adventure.
Have you ever experienced a night sky full of stars,arctic wintery silence around you, walking through the snow-covered, moonlit landscape, northern lights moving across the dark sky?
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- snowshoes and poles
- Coffee and/or Tea - homemade hot juice from local berries
What's excluded :
Have you ever experienced a night sky full of stars, or arctic wintery silence around you? Stargazing and walking through the snow-covered, moonlit landscape, northern lights moving across the dark sky? Let's see what nature has for us tonight.
In order to find the best spot for your walk, we check the weather forecasts, taste some snow and then decide where our adventure is going to happen. When we reach the starting point you'll shortly be introduced to snowshoeing, so no previous experience is needed. Proper winter clothing and an adventurous mind is all you need.
After transfer by car or gondola lift we'll head in to the wilderness lit by our headlamps. Depending on our destination we may walk along the Big Bear's Trail or explore nature reserve areas. On the top of a fell we see the entire northern horizon. While admiring the snowy landscape and winter night around us, we enjoy hot crowberry juice. Your guide tells you stories about our cool arctic lifestyle and facts and fairytales about night sky and northern lights.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from Ruka Village Ski bus stop
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Snowshoeing suits you, if you can walk the same distance on flat land.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.