2-Day Loire Valley Castles Tour from Paris
Discover some of the most picturesque villages on this 2-day Loire Valley Castles tour from Paris. Leave the city behind you and travel into rural France with your guide. Visit famous French castles such as Château de Chenonceau, Château de Cheverny and Château de Chambord. Explore the Château du Clos Lucé, Leonado da Vinci’s final place of residence in the 16th-century. Admire the castles spectacular architecture and ornate interiors, and learn of their fascinating histories from your guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Overnight accommodation in a 4 star hotel
- Porterage service on hotel arrival and departure
- Entry/Admission - Loire River
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (unless option selected)
Day 1: Paris – Château d'Amboise – Château du Clos Lucé – Gardens of Villandry – Tours
Pass By: Place des Pyramides, Rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris France
Hop aboard your air-conditioned coach in the morning in central Paris, and head south out of the city to begin your castle country tour.
Pass By: Chateau Royal d'Amboise, Montee de l'Emir Abd El Kader Montée de l'Emir Abd-el-Kader, 37400, Amboise France
Travel through the Aquitaine countryside to the town of Amboise for your first visit — the Royal Château d'Amboise in the famous Loire Valley.
Pass By: Office de Tourisme Amboise Val de Loire, Quai du General de Gaulle, 37400, Amboise France
Continue onward to Amboise and enjoy a little free time in this attractive town for lunch (own expense).
Pass By: Le Chateau du Clos Luce - Parc Leonardo da Vinci, 2 rue du clos Luce, 37400, Amboise France
). Afterward, take a guided tour of the nearby Château du Clos Lucé
Pass By: Chateau de Villandry, 3 rue Principale, 37510 Villandry France
the Gardens of Villandry, made famous as Leonardo da Vinci's final place of residence in the early 16th century
Pass By: Tours, Tours, Indre-et-Loire, Centre-Val de Loire
Head on to the historic town of Tours with your guide, for your evening meal and first night’s accommodation.
Accommodation included: Accommodation in 4**** hotel.
Day 2: Tours – Château de Chenonceau – Château de Cheverny – Château de Chambord – Paris
Pass By: Tours, Tours, Indre-et-Loire, Centre-Val de Loire
After a buffet breakfast at your hotel, depart from Tours
Pass By: Chateau de Chenonceau, 37150 Chenonceaux France
Head on to the spectacular Château de Chenonceau, widely considered to be among the very finest of all France’s castles
Stop At: Loire River, France
An intriguing blend of late Gothic and early Renaissance architectural styles, the castle dates back to the 16th century and its four archways span the length of the Cher River. During your guided tour, hear of Chenonceau’s interesting heritage from your guide and take in beautiful views out along the river
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Chateau de Cheverny, 41700 Cheverny France
Head on from the Château de Chenonceau for a guided visit of the magnificent 17th-century Château de Cheverny, first opened to the public in 1914. Cheverny is renowned for its ornate interiors, and its impressive collection of antique furniture, paintings, sculptures and tapestries is a joy to behold.
Pass By: Office de Tourisme de Cheverny, 12 rue du Chene des Dames, 41700 Cheverny France
Depart Cheverny and head to the nearby Hotel Saint-Hubert for a farewell lunch, then conclude your tour through the Loire Valley with a visit to the imposing Château de Chambord.
Pass By: Chateau de Chambord, le Chateau, 41250, Chambord France
Constructed by King Francis I of France, this French Renaissance castle is widely considered one of the most impressive in the world and blends medieval building styles with classical Renaissance architecture to perfection.
At the end of your guided visit of the Château de Chambord.
Pass By: Jardin des Tuileries pl. de la Concorde, rue de Rivoli, 75058 Paris France
Hop back aboard your coach for the 2.5-hour journey back to central Paris where your castle country tour will come to an end.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :2 Rue des Pyramides, 75001 Paris, France
Traveler pickup is offered
If Pick-up option selected: Pick up location will be from the hotel or Private residence in Paris ( Zip code must start by 75), should the address be provided at least 72 hours ( local time) prior to tour's departure.Without the accommodation address and if booking is made less than 72 hours prior to departure, the pick up will be from PARISCityVISION on 2 rue des Pyramides, nearest Metro : Tuileries or Pyramides ( line 1 or 7/14)
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There is a maximum of two people per room. Separate bookings should be made for each room required.
- 1st day: We begin by crossing the southern districts of Paris to take the Aquitaine motorway. A guided visit of the Amboise Castle overlooking the Loire river offers an excellent introduction to the history of the region. Free time will be allocated for lunch. Our afternoon continues with a guided visit of the Clos-Lucé, Leonardo da Vinci 's last dwelling and the gardens of Villandry. Dinner and accommodation at the accommodation 4* hotel. .
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- 2nd day: Departure for Chenonceau for a guided visit of the castle. We continue our morning with a guided visit of the Cheverny Castle followed by lunch. Our stay in the Loire Valley ends with a guided visit of the royal Chambord Castle . We leave around 4.30 PM and return to Paris around 7.00 PM
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.