2-Day Mount Kinabalu Climbing through Walk the Torq Route
If you feel that you want a little taste of the Via Ferrata experience but do not wish to expend too much energy on it (you still have to climb back down the mountain!), the Walk the Torq route would be best for you.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- 1 Night Dom-Bed Room
- Land Transfer
- Climbing permit
- Entrance fee of Kinabalu Park
- Entry/Admission - Kinabalu Park
- Entry/Admission - Timpohon Gate, Kundasang, Sabah.
- Entry/Admission - Pendant Hut
- Entry/Admission - Sayat-Sayat Hut
What's excluded :
- Porter Fee
- Mountain Guide fee
- Beverage and alcohol drinks
Day 1: Day 1: KOTA KINABALU (KK) / KINABALU PARK HQ / TIMPOHON GATE / PENDANT HUT (Packed Lunch & Dinner)
Stop At: Kinabalu Park, Malaysia
Arrive at Kinabalu Park HQ. Pre-check in at Mountain Torq’s office, register and make payments at Kinabalu Park’s offices. Meet your appointed Sabah Parks’ mountain guide.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Timpohon Gate, Kundasang, Sabah., Kinabalu Park, 89300 Kundasang, Sabah, Malaysia
Timpohon Gate at Kinabalu Park is the primary entry point to climb Gunung Kinabalu - 9km on the summit trail to Low's Peak with Laban Rata located along the way. This is the first checkpoint taken by climbers in the morning located about 4km away from the park's office but accesible by road. Heavily fenced, an office records the entry and departure of all climbers and porters using this entrance.
The gate is housed within a large house that also provides a small convenience store and observatory platform on top that overlooks the valley and Mount Kinabalu's western ridge. Visitors are free to lounge on this deck and feed tame wild squirrels while soaking in the dramatic mountain view.
Duration: 5 hours
• Lunch: lunch will be packed
Accommodation included: Located 3,289 metres above sea level, there is easy access to Mountain Torq’s activities from Pendant Hut.
Day 2: PENDANT HUT / LOW’S PEAK / WALK THE TORQ / KOTA KINABALU (Breakfast & Lunch)
Stop At: Pendant Hut, 01, Menara Maa, 6, Lorong Api - Api 1, Kota Kinabalu Kinabalu, 88000 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Start hiking up to the summit with your sabah park mountain guide after your early morning supper.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Sayat-Sayat Hut, Malaysia, Sabah, Ranau, Kinabalu Park, Unnamed Road、
Meet your via ferrata trainer at Sayat Sayat Hut @ 3,668m for your Walk the Torq via ferrata experience (introductory via ferrata, French grade PD)
Duration: 2 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.