6 Days Machame Route Hike
If Marangu is the “Coca Cola” route, then the Machame Route is the “Whiskey” route. It is the second most popular and one of the most scenic routes on the mountain.
All climbers sleep in tents (tents are included) and meals are served in a dinner tent or on a blanket outside.
It is done over 6 days, so acclimatization is easier, and the success rate is fairly high. It is for physically fit people with some hiking experience. Descent is down the Mweka trail staying at the Mweka or Millennium camp the final night on the mountain.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- • Salaries of guide, cook, and porter as per recommended by their organization and KINAPA
- AMREF flying doctors
- Private transportation
- Private Mobile toilet
- Entry/Admission - Mount Kilimanjaro
What's excluded :
- Day 1: Drive to Kilimanjaro National Park Machame Gate, Hike to Machame Camp
Drive from Moshi to Machame Gate takes about 45 minutes. The journey passes through the village of Machame which is located on the lower slopes of the mountain.
We depart the park gate and walk through the rain forest on a winding trail up a ridge. At lower elevations the trail can be muddy and slippery. Gaiters and trekking poles are a good idea here. We continue a short distance until we reach the Machame Camp.
Elevation: 1830m/6000ft to 3050m/9950ft
Hiking Time: 5-6 hours
Habitat: Montane Forest
Departure Point :Moshi Urban, Tanzania
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.