6 Days Marangu Route Climbing
Known as the “Coca-Cola” route, the Marangu route is a classic trek on Mount Kilimanjaro. It is the oldest, most well established route. Many favour the Marangu route because it is considered to be the easiest path on the mountain, due to its more gradual slope. It is also the only route which offers sleeping huts with dormitory style accommodation. There are 60 bunk beds at both Mandara and Kibo Huts, and 120 bunk beds at Horombo Hut. Guests are supplied with mattresses and pillows, but sleeping bags are still required. The huts have communal dining halls and basic washrooms, ranging from flushing toilets and running water at the lower huts to long drop toilets and buckets of water at Kibo Hut.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- 5 Nights accommodation based on huts
- Kilimanjaro Rescue fee
- • AMREF flying doctor insurance
- Entry/Admission - Mount Kilimanjaro
What's excluded :
- Day 1: Drive to Kilimanjaro National Park Marangu Gate, Hike to Mandara Hut
After breakfast and briefing, drive to the Kilimanjaro National Park Gate (about 1 hour), register and commence the trek. Walk through the rainforest to the Mandara Huts. A side trip to Maundi Crater is a good way to see the surroundings including Northern Tanzania and Kenya. In the rainforest, look for towering Eucalyptus trees, bird life, and Colobus monkeys.
• Elevation: 1860m/6100ft to 2700m/8875ft
• Distance: 8km/5mi
• Hiking Time: 3-4 hours
• Habitat: Montane Forest
• Meals: LD
• Budget Lodging: Mandara Hut
Departure Point :Moshi Urban, Tanzania
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.