A Secret Monastery Day Hike to Budhanilkantha Temple & Nagi Gompa
Located on the foothills of Shivapuri National Park(laid back hill to Budhanilkantha Temple), Nagi Gompa is a Tibetan Buddhist convent which is home to more than 100 nuns. It lies in a peaceful region in the middle of sub-tropical and mild atmospheres. The trail goes steeply uphill through the oak, rhododendron, and bamboo forests. From this place, you will be able to gaze over the amazing lush of green hills and panoramic view of Kathmandu Valley. This is one of the best spots to explore the cherished ranges of Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung and many more. This place is also famous for bird watching.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A Professional Cultural Guide
- Private Transportation
- Hotel Pick up and Drop off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry Fees
- Personal Expenses
This one-day hike will take you to the incredible Hindus and Buddhists religious sites of Nepal. Budhanilkantha is the sacred site for Hindu which pays homage for sleeping statue of Hindu deity Lord Vishnu which is elegantly carved with stones. You can witness the masterpiece of statue floating on the surface of the pond on a bed of serpent.
• Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park, North Side of Kathmandu Valley, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our driver will meet you up in your hotel an hour before the trip starts. Please be ready in the lobby and he will also drop you off to hotel when the trip finish.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.