Admission Ticket to Museum Willet-Holthuysen in Amsterdam
Visit Museum Willet-Holthuysen and experience what it was like to live in a high-class canal house in Amsterdam. The Willet-Holthuysen Museum is located in a 17th century double canal house at Herengracht number 605.
per adult from
What's included :
- Admission Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Willet-Holthuysen Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Visit: Willet-Holthuysen Museum, Herengracht 605, 1017 CE Amsterdam The Netherlands
In 1895 Mrs. Willet left her opulent house including impressive art collections of her deceased husband Abraham, consisting of antique furniture, silver, ceramics, sculptures, paintings and photographs to the city of Amsterdam. Museum Willet-Holthuysen houses the extraordinary art and craft collection from Abraham Willet (1825-1888). A selection of this collection is displayed on the first floor of Museum Willet-Holthuysen. On this floor other exhibitions that are in line with the collection are also displayed.
Abraham Willet was the son of a famous Amsterdam doctor. At a young age Abraham developed great interest in art and antiques. He was already active as a collector even before his marriage to the wealthy Louisa Holthuysen in 1861. He mainly bought paintings of contemporary artists but sold this collection before he moved to the canal house at Herengracht 605.
It was at the Herengracht where Abraham Willet became a passionate collector again with a broad interest in almost every field of arts and crafts. His collection included ceramics, glassware, silver, furniture, expensive trinkets, paintings, prints, drawings and photographs. He also collected statues and had put up a library at the canal house.
Departure Point :Museum Willet-Holthuysen, Amsterdam
Departure Time :Monday to Friday: 10am-5pm
Weekends and bank holidays: 11am-5pm
Closing time on December 5th, 24th and 31st: 4pm
Return Detail :Museum Willet-Holthuysen, Amsterdam
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Opening hours are Monday-Friday from 10am-5pm and weekends/bank holidays from 11am-5pm
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.