Alhambra Guided General Visit
Enjoy this visit to the Alhambra and the Generalife gardens. The Alhambra, palace, citadel and fortress, residence of the Nasrid sultans and high officials, court servers and elite soldiers; It reaches its splendor in the second half of the 14th century, coinciding with the sultanates of Yusuf I (1333-1354) and the second reign of Muhammad V (1362-1391). The Emperor Carlos V decides, in 1526, the construction of the palace that bears his name, along with other very significant buildings of Roman Renaissance taste.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Experienced guide
- Entry/Admission - The Alhambra
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Alhambra, Calle Real de la Alhambra, s/n Palacio de Carlos V, 18009 Granada Spain
We will visit the Nasrid Palaces, the Alcazaba, the Palace of Carlos V, the Medina, the Gardens of the Partal and the Generalife.
Al-Ahmar, founder of the Nasrid dynasty, settled in 1238 in the Old Alcazaba of the Albaicín, calling his attention to the ruins of the Alhambra hill. He thus decides to begin its reconstruction and install the court headquarters there, beginning the construction of the Alhambra that we know today.
The Alhambra, named for its reddish colored walls ("qa'lat al-Hamra '", Red Castle), is located on top of al-Sabika hill, on the left bank of the Darro river, east of the city, in front of the Albaicín and Alcazaba neighborhoods. From its strategic position it dominates the entire city and the fertile plain of Granada. Its complex, completely walled, has an irregular shape limited to the north by the Darro Valley, to the south by al-Sabika Valley, and to the east by the Cuesta del Rey Chico.
Departure Point :Meeting Point Experience, Calle Real de la Alhambra, 1, 18009 Granada, Spain
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.