Apollonia and Berat UNESCO tour from Tirana
Apollonia and Berat are the historical highlights of Albania. Apollonia is an impressive archaeological park with ruins from the Greek & Roman times. During the Roman empire, Apollonia was a great and important city. And it was famous for its school of philosophy.
Berat is a historical city in Albania, which is on the UNESCO world heritage list. In Berat, you will explore the historical neighborhoods of Mangalem, Gorica & Kala. You will visit Berat Castle and the Museum of Iconography. In the late afternoon, you will have some free time to shop for souvenirs, take pictures & stroll through the cobblestone streets.
Hotel pick-up in Tirana, transportation and all entrance fees are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation with a/c vehicle
- Private tour guide in the Apollonia Archaeological Park and Berat city
- Hotel pick-up and drop off in Tirana
- Entrance fee to Apollonia Archaeological park
- Entrance fee to the Museum of Iconography 'Onufri'
- Entrance fee to the Castle of Berat
- Entry/Admission - Apollonia Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Berat Castle
- Entry/Admission - National Iconographic Museum Onufri
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Apollonia Archaeological Park, Pojan Albania
Apollonia is an archaeological park in center of Albania. In the ancient times, Apollonia was an important Greek city. The city was founded in 588 BC by Greek colonists from Corfu and Corinth. However, it was during the Roman period that the city of Apollonia really flourished.
In the 4th century AD, Apollonia was an important economic city and trade center. The city was known for its famous school of philosophy. Cicero, a famous Roman public speaker, called Apollonia "a great and important city". And the city was also one of the most important gateways to the Via Egnatia, which was a Roman trade route through the Balkans.
The ruins of Apollonia were re-discovered in the beginning of the 19th century. The park is set of a hilly plateau and it is surrounded by calming nature.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Berat Castle, Rruga Mihal Komnena, Berat 5001 Albania
The Berat Castle is an enormous fortress called "Kala" on the top of the hill in Berat. From the castle, you will have amazing views in all directions and see the historical town and river below.
Within the castle walls, you will see a village-like neighbourhood, called Kala. Until this day, some people are still living within the castle walls. The castle dates back to the 13th century and there are many Byzantine churches within the walls and one Ottoman mosque.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: National Iconographic Museum Onufri, Located in the Inner Part of Saint Mary Church in Berat Castel, Berat Albania
The Museum of Iconography is a museum with religious painting from several Albanian monasteries. The museum is located within the castle walls in the largest church on the premises, called "the Church of the Dormition of St. Mary". The museum is named "Onufri" after the Albanian fresco and icon-painter.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mangalem, Berat, Albania
Then in the afternoon, we will visit the Mangalem & Gorica Quarters. These are the traditional neighbourhoods build on the side of the hill. You will see hundreds of little white Ottoman-style houses. From the bottom of the hill, it looks like the little houses are stacked on top of each other. Therefore, Berat is called "the city of a thousand windows". In short, Berat is a very romantic city with an Italian atmosphere.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Rinas Airport, Tirana Albania
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.