Appolonia and Qulaan Village - Wadi El Gemal
Full Day Trip in Wadi El Gemal National Park in Marsa Alam. The region is characterized by its Roman Ghost Cities and distinguished by its environment with a great variety of flora and fauna.The valley is one of the largest in the Red Sea Mountain region between the Nile and the Red Sea. It is such a virgin area of Egypt with very limited information up till today. This special day trip offers you integration of Safari and Trekking to engage you with the hidden gems of the park. An interesting paradox offering a genuine day in a not crowded yet trendy National Reserve and take you out of your known world to part of the unknown and almost untouched world in the oldest nation on Earth.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Wadi Gemal
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wadi Gemal, Red Sea coast, south of Mersa Alam, Marsa Alam Egypt
Full Day Trip in Wadi El Gemal National Park in Marsa Alam. The area is characterized by its Roman Ghost Cities and prominent by its environment with a great range of flora and fauna.
> Pick-up at your hotel in or around Wadi El Gemal Park. (Free pick up from hotels South of Marsa Alam and North of Wadi El Gemal Park).
> Get in 4×4 cars to the Protected National Park.
> First stop is at Kab El Khawara after almost 10 km drive for a scenic view of Wadi El Gemal.
> After a decent off road drive, stop and start a hike of 5 km. Our team will lead you through the hike to reach the Ancient Roman Ghost City of Appolonia. Walk through the wreck and travel back in time to envisage as well as learn about the lifestyle of Roman engineers and labor in the mining industry.
> Stop by for lunch after the hike. A full course meal containing Local Bedouin Bread backed fresh with the Ababda style. Followed by BBQ chicken and a green salad. After lunch have some fresh fruits for dessert together with Gabana local coffee grilled in front of you.
Wadi El Gemal is home to a Bedouin tribe called Ababda. On the west and closer to the mountains, they live as shepherds and camel breeders. The tribe has been living in harmony with nature and has preserved their cultural heritage of music, dance and culinary art to a great level. Sill in our modern world their exist communities that still respect nature fully and live while leaving intact.
> Move forward subsequently to Qulaan Beach Settlement. Time to sit by the beach and enjoy a relaxed evening in one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Duration: 11 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from hotels in Marsa Alam that are not listed will be for extra charge
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.