Join us to experience a unique side of Finland, the quiet nature side. A walk in this nature reserve highlights why Finland is one of the best outdoor destinations and why Finns enjoy their peace and quiet.
• A magnificent nature reserve with diverse habitats
• Fantastic photo opportunities along the coast
• An easy and rewarding walk for all levels of fitness
• Prepared lunch and coffee/tea with seaside view
Our excursion trail passes the ruins of an ancient burial cairn dating back to the Nordic bronze age, many diverse habitats, and onwards to the open sea! Walking along the rolling rocks and beautiful coast, where we have the perfect place for a break, overlooking the Baltic Sea. Your guide will prepare coffee/tea and some Finnish snacks to enjoy while you are free to take in the wonderful landscapes and find your peace in nature.
Every season is unique in Porkkala and seeing wildlife is a regular occurrence in the nature reserve.
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Bottled water - As we are sustainable company we don't provide plastic bottles for guests, but we highly recommend you to take your own water bottle with you.
Stop At: Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma, Mannerheiminaukio 2, Helsinki 00100 Finland
This is the meeting point for this trip. It will be at the bus-stop in front of Kiasma (Museum of
Contemporary Art). The stop is about 65 steps from the museum entrance and approximately
500 meters from Helsinki Central Railway station.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Porkkalanniemi, Kirkkonummi Finland
In Porkkala our walk begins on a forest trail leading to an open-rock area which is the first display of the many diverse areas.
This area will give us the opportunity to see what effects coastal weather has on the near-by forest. Pine trees that are used to standing tall and true are forced to grow into short disfigured trees that reach for the forest inland.
As we continue, we will pass through Finland’s iconic forests to see ruins from the Nordic bronze age; an ancient burial cairn which has since collapsed. This historical site gives insight into social and religious structures of northern Europe more than three millennia ago.
Shortly after we will find ourselves with a picturesque coastal view. There will be picnic tables to have a break and fill up on a prepared lunch & coffee/tea.
The last area of our walk is a highly regarded bird watching area with magnificent views of the archipelago. It provides a great getaway from the city leaving you with your fill of nature.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Mannerheiminaukio 1, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms