Aurora Borealis Trip - Autumn
The search for the Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis is not easy but your professional guide will take you to the likeliest spot of that evening.
Certain conditions must be met such as darkness and avoiding the city lights which is why your guide will drive further north into the wilderness. Deeper into the arctic circle your guide will camp at one of our various lookout locations with the highest possibility of having a clear sky with a panoramic view. There, search in comfort as your guide prepares a campfire to cook a typical delicious Lappish BBQ of sausage with hot berry juice.
There can be no guarantees of seeing Aurora because she likes to play hide-and-seek, but your professional guide will use his/her in-depth knowledge and experience to calculate the factors for the best possibility of when and where you might find Aurora.
DLSR cameras are best for photography and the company may have a tripod available upon request.
per adult from
What's included :
- ~ FreeTripod for camera (on request)
- ~ Guiding service
- ~ Lappish picnic by open fire
- ~ Pickup & return to your accommodation
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rovaniemi, Rovaniemi, Lapland
Deeper into the arctic circle your guide will camp at one of our various lookout locations with the highest possibility of having a clear sky with a panoramic view. There, search in comfort as your guide prepares a campfire to cook a typical delicious Lappish BBQ of sausage with hot berry juice.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Tapaninmäen Kotiliha Lihakauppa, Ainonkatu 3, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Animals or pets allowed
- Duration includes the transfer and clothes changing time. Pick up service is included if the distance from pick up point to Sunny Safari Office is within 8km. If needed, thermal overalls, winter boots, winter gloves, woolen socks are provided.
- Meeting time of our safari is always before the starting time of the safari if you need pick-up services. You will receive your meeting time and meeting point upon confirmation or by e-mail. Failure to participate in the safari due to missed meeting time or meeting point will not be refunded.
- Operated in Rovaniemi each year between September to November (weather permitting). The minimum number of participants for each safari is 2 full paying adults’ price.
- Please let us know in advance when you book the safari if you have special dietary requirements. (Eg: vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.)
- The Northern Lights is an unpredictable natural phenomenon that no one can guarantee the inevitability of seeing it. However, our professional experiences and forecasting allow the chances for sightings to be higher.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.