Basavanagudi Heritage Walk
Basavanagudi Heritage Walk is curated by Tours+, a Rustik Travel initiative to Explore, Discover and Learn about the cities, towns and the places we live in or we visit. We cover history, culture, heritage, architecture, spirituality and more during these tours.
Basavanagudi is a residential and commercial locality in South Bengaluru. It is one of the old localities of the city that still maintains its old Bengaluru charm. The name “Basavanagudi” refers to the Bull Temple that has a monolith statue of the Nandi Bull.
The walk in this part of town is all about rediscovering what old Bangalore was all about, the various temples that adorn the area and their stories and rituals and of course the authentic South Indian food in many of the old restaurants that as popular as ever.
It will be like walking back in time. :)
per adult from
90 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Basavanagudi
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basavanagudi, Gandhi Bazaar, Bengaluru India
We will walk through the Basavanagudi area covering the history and culture of the locality. We will visit and study the spiritual and religious places - Ramakrishna Math, Gavi Gangadhareshwara Temple, Dodda Ganesh Temple and Bull Temple.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Ramakrishna Math, Basavangudi, Bull Temple Rd, Mahantara Lay Out, Kempegowda Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560019, India
Return Detail :Bull Temple, Sunkenahalli, Gavipuram Extn, Gandhi Bazaar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560004, India
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.