Best Of Lapland: Sauna, Ice swimming, Dinner & Northern Lights
What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about traditional Finnish adventure? Northern lights hunting, Finnish sauna & Ice swimming, or traditional Lappish dinner in a cozy wooden cottage away from the city buzz? Correct! On this tour you will get all of the above and even a little more!
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- English speaking guide
- Traditional Finnish wood burned sauna
- Ice swimming / arctic lake swimming
- Dinner cooked on the open fire
- Non-alcohol beverages
- Towels, slippers for the sauna
- Northern Lights - if lucky
What's excluded :
- Gratitude (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Nordic Adventures, Kuusiselantie 360, Rovaniemi 97670 Finland
Winter, summer, midnight or evening, the joy of sauna bathing is a totally delightful event.
Sauna bathing has become such a deeply ingrained Finnish tradition that not even the difficult circumstances have been able to interrupt or alter it. It is a part of Finnish culture, customs and social pattern, passed inevitably from one generation to the next.
The sauna effect is created by making the body hot throughout, almost like simulation a fever. This high temperature, coupled with the tranquil view and the later breathing of the stimulation lake air creates the benevolent effect always associated with sauna.
The greatest time to see the Northern Lights is between October and April. You need fair skies, pitch black nights and some luck to see the dancing lights in the sky. To make the entire experience extraordinary we will take you a traditional Finnish sauna on a private Arctic lake. Let's make this an adventure of a lifetime!
While we wait for the lights we will prepare the sauna. Once the sauna is all set up it's your time to relax. Let the heat purify your body as the mellow wintery magic of Lapland purifies your soul. Let go of the stress and enjoy the presence of your loved ones. While we do our best to prepare you for an evening in the wilderness, it's up to you decide how you want to spend your time. The classic Nordic way is to spend 10-15 minutes in the sauna and then jump into ice cold water, or even a big pile of crystal white snow! A cold plunge after a steamy session increases your blood flow, relieves pressure and boosts up your endorphin levels! After this unique Finnish spa experience, it's time to get back to our little cozy wooden cottage to enjoy Blazed salmon dinner by a fireplace.
The Northern Lights hunting is one of the most popular things to do in Finland. Seeing flickering shades of blue, green, violet and sometimes even crimson red is one of the most epic adventures you can have. Aurora sights are never guaranteed, as nature is unpredictable. So, that makes this experience even more special. The thrill of the chase, an amazing sauna experience and a traditional dinner in a wooden cottage by the private arctic lake are what we call The best of Lapland.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Tour include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.Arctic Circle Wilderness Lodge, Apukka Resort & Arctic Snow Hotel for extra charge - 20 € / person / round trip
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- Please bring swimming suit
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please provide valid phone number
- Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the safari.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.