Best of Versailles Domain Skip-the-Line Access Day Trip with Lunch from Paris
See the highlights of Versailles in one day on this comprehensive trip from Paris. After traveling to the town by luxury minibus, skip past the entrance lines with your priority-access ticket and then head inside the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Palace of Versailles. Tour the State Apartments, seeing the incredible Hall of Mirrors, and then explore Versailles Gardens at leisure. Enjoy a 3-course restaurant lunch by the Grand Canal and visit the estate of Trianon with Petit Trianon and the Queen’s Hamlet.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Live guiding by a local professional art historian guide
- Lunch (if option "With Lunch" selected)
- All Fees and Taxes
- Skip-The-Line Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Versailles
- Entry/Admission - The Hall of Mirrors
- Entry/Admission - Le Jardin de Versailles
- Entry/Admission - The Trianons & The Hamlet
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000, Versailles France
Leave central Paris and head southwest by luxury minibus to the historic town of Versailles, roughly 25 miles (40km) away.
Famous as the home of King Louis XIV, the town’s palace, gardens and memorials all attest to the sheer grandeur of his ruling era.
First stop is the Palace of Versailles, the town’s sprawling palatial compound where Louis XVI and his wife, Marie Antoinette,
once lived. At the center of French royal power throughout 17th and 18th centuries, the building oozes royal elegance and, as such, draws visitors from all around the world.
Stop At: The Hall of Mirrors, Chateau de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
Head straight past the long lines of visitors outside the palace with your skip-the-line ticket, and head inside to experience the
history and opulence of it. On a tour led by your expert guide, discover the stunning State Apartments that comprise the Hall of
Mirrors and Queen’s Apartments. While walking, your guide will enthrall you with tales of the kings who lived there.
Stop At: Le Jardin de Versailles, Place D'armes A l'Ouest du Château de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
After an hour of touring Versailles Palace, stroll out into the gardens to explore them at your leisure. Every bit as grand as the
palace, the French Baroque-style gardens took nearly 40 years to complete with magnificent features like the Versailles fountains
and the Orangery. After strolling around, meet your guide for lunch at a restaurant, close to Versailles' Grand Canal.
Sample Menu (subject to change):
• Tomato and goat’s cheese salad with basil
Second Course (choice of one):
• Sirloin steak with Béarnaise sauce and creamed potatoes
• Roast salmon with butter sauce and creamed potatoes
• Seasonal fruit tart
• Tea or coffee
Stop At: The Trianons & The Hamlet, Chateau de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
Your afternoon is spent at the estate of Trianon, which "is perhaps most closely associated with Queen Marie-Antoinette",
where you will visit the Petit Trianon, the place where "The wife of Louis XVI regularly sought refuge." Marie Antionette’s
Queen’s Hamlet is nearby, and this is the last Versailles sight to be seen before your journey back to Paris.
Designed by the popular French architect Richard Mique, the retreat features a charming thatched-roof cottage, lakes, streams and even a little farmhouse.
After exploring the Queen’s Hamlet, head back to your luxury minibus for the return journey to Paris.
Departure Point :41 Avenue de la Bourdonnais, 75007 Paris, France
Departure Time :8:20 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.