Black Sand Beach Horse Riding Tour from Vik
Our horses are friendly and sure-footed and suitable for everyone, beginners and experts alike. Riding the Icelandic horse in its natural environment is something everyone should try at least once in the lifetime. Our tours depart from the stables in Vík and take us along the beautiful black sand beach. In the summer time, puffins may be flying high above us and the view of the Reynisdrangar sea stacks is always an eyesight.
Our tours are easygoing and aim to let you discover the area and our horses at a calm pace, perfectly suited for beginners. If you are up for trying out the unique gait of the Icelandic horse, tölt, you will get a chance to try that as well!
per adult from
What's included :
- Rain gear
- Icelandic horse
What's excluded :
Our stable is the start and ending point for our horseback rides. The ride will lead us along our local black sand beaches at Vík í Mýrdal, called Víkurfjara.
• Vik Horse Adventure, Smiojuvegur 6, Vik 870 Iceland
Departure Point :Vík Horse Adventure, Vik, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.