Building a Snow Igloo from Kemi
Enjoy the snow of Lapland and learn how to build a snow igloo. What a unique experience and great fun for the family all together!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guidance services
- Snacks mentioned
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from all major hotels in Kemi
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Private tours available for additional price
- Overnight experience available also
The traditional igloos in Lapland are built of snow. First you collect a good pile of soft snow. Then you shovel to create a nice snow igloo. The thickness of the walls should be about 30-40 cm. You can also make windows and door even beds. Great fun for the family all together!
Winter clothes, guidance services, return transfers from your hotel and light lunch are all included to this unique experience. Great barbeque lunch is offered in a tepee by living fire!
The first igloos were built by the Inuit. They used the snow to isolate their house because the air contained in the snow is actually a good insulator. Igloos were used in the past during winter time as temporary shelter for hunters, now it is mostly for recreation.
Departure Point :Scandic Kemi, Hahtisaarenkatu 3, 94100 Kemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
The meeting place will be at the reception of Hotel Scandic Kemi, Hahtisaarenkatu 3, 94100 Kemi and the meeting time is the starting time of the safari.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 2 adults per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Physical classification: Moderate
- Vegan, vegetarian, kosher, halal, gluten-free and lactose-free options are available
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please contact us if you wish to have a guide in other language
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.