Canyon Korouoma National Park
We start on a well-maintained national park trail and proceed 4.5 kilometers along the canyon. During the hike, our knowledgeable guides identify many of the native plants and flowers. Quite frequently we see reindeer, moose, red fox along the way. Upon arrival to the forest camp, snacks will be offered by the open fire.
Korouoma is a 30-km-long fracture valley running from northwest to southeast on the border of the municipalities of Posio and Ranua. It is part of a fracture zone which is hundreds of millions of years old. In the centre of Korouoma the fracture valley forms a canyon that has worn its way into the surrounding terrain. At its deepest the gorge is approximately 100-130 metres deep. Its cliff walls are tens of metres high and extremely steep and at points vertical. The bottom of this canyon is level and it is 200 to 500 metres wide. Parts of the canyon have become boggy and the narrow twisting River Korojoki meanders through it.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup & drop off, Guided hiking 4.5 – 5km snacks at the open fire, Hot beverages
- Entry/Admission - Helios Tour Oy
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Helios Tour Oy, Karhunkaatajantie 15, 96100 Rovaniemi, Finland
KOROUOMA NATIONAL PARK & GUIDED HIKING TOUR 4.5KM, HALF-DAY TOUR
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up to the following places for this experience:Aakenus HotelArctic Light HotelArctic resort (Loma Vekarit)Arctic Snow Hotel (+20 euro per person for transfer)Arctic TreeHouse HotelChalet OunasvaaraCity HotelSanta Claus Holiday Village, receptionSanta Claus HotelSanta Sport HotelSanta`s Glass IglooScandic PohjanhoviScandic Polar HotelScandic RovaniemiSky HotelSokos HotelVaatunkiVartiosaari Hotel
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.