Cool Igloo Experience
Enjoy the snow of Lapland and learn how to build an igloo with a guide. Stay the night in your hand made snow igloo and follow the Northern Lights!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Adventure gear
- Guidance services
- Meals mentioned
- Sleeping bags
- Warm room in reserve
- Northern lights trip
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Safari desk support
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from all major hotels in Rovaniemi
What's excluded :
- Private tours available for additional price
- The traditional igloos in Lapland are built of snow. First you collect a good pile of soft snow. Then you shovel to make a nice snow igloo. The thickness of the walls should be about 30-40 cm. You can also make windows and door even beds. Great fun for the family all together!
Once the igloo is ready it is usable right away and you can enjoy a peaceful night in the middle of snowy Lapland. After you have built your own igloo you can relax and enjoy the traditional Finnish sauna. And after the sauna it is time to for enjoying dinner and taste some local dishes.
After the dinner we join the group for spotting Northern Lights on the local mountain. If we are lucky we can witness this arctic phenomenon. Anyway it is a nice tour as you also experience some northern shamanism.
After the tour you may stay the night in the igloo you made. There is also a warm room in reserve and included to the price, just in case.
In the morning we enjoy a nice buffet breakfast and transfer back to the town. Great and authentic, unique experience!
Winter clothes, sleeping bags, guidance services, return transfers from your hotel, light lunch, dinner and breakfast are all included to this unique experience.
The first igloos were built by the Inuit. They used the snow to isolate their house because the air contained in the snow is actually a good insulator. Igloos were used in the past during winter time as temporary shelter for hunters, now it is mostly for recreation.
Available 10th of December – 21st of April.
Departure Point :Lapland Welcome, Rovakatu 26, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm the exact pick up time upon booking.The meeting time at Lapland Welcome Safari Office (Rovakatu 26, 2nd floor, 96200 Rovaniemi) is 15 minutes before the starting time of the safari.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 2 adults per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Physical classification: Moderate
- Vegan, vegetarian, kosher, halal, gluten-free and lactose-free options are available
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please contact us if you wish to have a guide in other language
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.