Cross-Country Skiing Trip
Learn to ski cross-country skiing and admire beautiful landscapes with a local guide. Spend a nice day or half exploring the nature!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Adventure gear
- Guidance services
- Snacks mentioned
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Safari desk support
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from all major hotels in Rovaniemi
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Private tours available for additional price
- All day trips (5-6h) with lunch available for additional price
- This trip is suitable for beginners as the guide will make a skiing lesson first. You will learn traditional cross-country skiing and you will have a chance to try skate skiing if you like.
This trip is a great opportunity to take nature pictures and with some luck you may also see footprints of wild animals or even animals themselves. You may try sliding on even surface as well as downslopes. Warm beverages and snacks are offered during this trip. Great fun for all!
Two starts a day for half day trip: At 10 AM and 2 PM. Snacks and warm beverages are offered during half day trip. All day trips available for additional price and all day trips include also a lunch. All day trips always start at 10 AM.
Created in the 19th century, the cross-country skiing is really popular in Northern Europe countries and is part of Nordic skiing sports. Often used by explorers as a mean of transport, it is now a recreational activity, most frequently known as touring. From extended periods using tents to relatively short trips on maintained trails, cross-country skiing is also considered as competition, contested for first time at the Winter Olympic Games in 1924.
Departure Point :Lapland Welcome, Rovakatu 26, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm the exact pick up time upon booking.The meeting time at Lapland Welcome Safari Office (Rovakatu 26, 2nd floor, 96200 Rovaniemi) is 15 minutes before the starting time of the safari.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 2 adults per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Physical classification: Easy
- Vegan, vegetarian, kosher, halal, gluten-free and lactose-free options are available
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please contact us if you wish to have a guide in other language
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.