Cycle like a Viking in Copenhagen - Private Tour in English
Experience Copenhagen's main attractions and the local city life. You will explore famous Copenhagen hot spots and reveal unknown secrets. As you ride along the harbors through the most colourful neighborhoods, past Christiansborg Castle and The Royal Palace, and contemplate the most famous little mermaid seating by the baltic sea, you will learn unique anecdotes and some Danish vocabulary only real vikings know how to voice.
• 3 Hours cycling in a private tour with an English speaking guide.
• Explore Copenhagen's picturesque harbour and Amalienborg Palace.
• Learn some insightful Viking anecdotes and Danish vocabulary that will make you grow a Viking Beard.
• Visit the ancient fortress of Kastellet (The citadel) and Copenhagen's Iconic little mermaid.
• Roll past the vibrant and unique Freetown of Christiania.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Use of bicycle
- Private tour (Only the people in the booking will participate)
- Max 8 people.
- Entry/Admission - Copenhagen Central Station
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Helmet. (It is not obligatory in Denmark, but you can rent one for a small extra fee.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Copenhagen Central Station, Bernstorffsgade 16, Copenhagen 2004 Denmark
You will meet your viking guide at "Lagkagehuset" (The layer-cake house), Frederiksborggade 6 on the corner of Rosenborggade.
While preparing for the tour you will listen to all safety instructions and a nice introductory Viking Tale.
You will be stopping at almost all of the popular Copenhagen sites.
Ready, Set, Go!
You will be passing Rosenborg Castle and the King’s Gardens and cycle across colorful Nyhavn (New Harbour) towards the most photographed lady in Copenhagen: The Little Mermaid. Here you will stop to hear some mermaid anecdotes and have time for a selfie while continuing the Viking style.
You will then head around the fortress (Kastellet) to the Gefion Fountain where your guide will tell you the story of the powerful goddess. By now, you will already know how to greet people in Danish and you’ll have awesome stories to add to your weaponry.
Continuing on, get ready to feast your eyes on some eclectic architecture at Amalienborg Palace, The Marble Church and the modern Opera House. Enjoy the lively area of Nyhavn and don’t forget to take a postcard picture before heading over The kissing Bridge to Freetown Christiania.
Keep riding and enjoy the view on route to Christiansborg Castle and listen our guides insights about the royal’s old family home. Continue to the City hall and take a glimpse at both the modern and old buildings that surround Tivoli park, uncover some secrets (or maybe other things) and learn about the real Hans Christian Andersen.
By now you could start calling yourself a local and… Wait… What’s that on your face? You’re already growing a Viking beard!
Time to sink the pace and enjoy the charming arches of Gammeltorv (Old Square), the “hyggelige” (cozy) streets of the Latin Quarter, and hear more anecdotes:
“Cue the mysterious background music…”
We’re talking MURDER STORIES and FIRE! Pass by Vor Frue Kirke (The Church of our Lady) and stop at Sankt Petri Kirke to hear a story about love and betrayal.
Finally head to the round tower and learn about the story of this very unique observatory.
Now you are not only a Viking but you are also a very knowledgeable Copenhagener so let’s take a proper Viking picture!
The tour ends where you started.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Rosenborggade 3, 1130 København, Denmark
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for child aged 14 and under.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.