Discovering Medieval Madrid
Beginning with the monument of King Felipe IV in the center of Plaza de Oriente, we'll explore the streets, squares, avenues and monuments of old Madrid. I'll show you the secret places and charming corners of old town.
We'll visit some places that even the locals don't know. The origins of the capital city go back to the Middle Ages, when it was a small military city. Several ruins remain, like the medieval Muslim wall in the gardens of Emir Mohamed I, streets influenced by their Arab and Jewish origins, and Plaza del Alamillo, where kings and princesses would watch medieval tournaments.
We'll see the Jewish quarter and the towers of old mosques, now transformed into churches, such as Pedro el Viejo or the Capilla del Obispo. We'll also see a secret garden that was once the orchard of a convent, and the Tower and Palace of Los Lujanes, a very important family of historic Madrid. There, the walls speak to the three cultures and three religions of Madrid.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Snacks - 1 Spanish tapa
- Alcoholic Beverages - 1 Drink - Wine, beer or soda
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Royal Palace of Madrid, Calle de Bailen s/n, 28071 Madrid Spain
Enjoy an adventurous walk through old town Madrid, seeing and learning about the origins of the capital city that go back to the Middle Ages. We’ll explore Muslim ruins, historic gardens and monuments, as well as streets with strong influence from Arab and Jewish origins.
Departure Point :Plaza de Oriente, 9, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Plaza Mayor, Madrid, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.