Dunhuang Private Customized Silk Road Day Tour
Dunhuang city locates at the west point of Hexi Corridor which is a very important section of ancient Silk Road. Due to the Mogao Grottoes and the Crescent Lake & Singing Sand Mountain, this small city is listed a world famous cultural tourist destination. In history, the prosperity of Silk Road brought the city bustling business and vigorous culture exchange, especially the Buddhist culture. This private day tour will show you the essence of Dunhuang city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Chinese style lunch(only for all inclusive tour)
- Private transfers in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver
- Entrance fees(only for all inclusive tour)
- English speaking tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Mogao Caves
- Entry/Admission - Mingsha Shan - Echoing-Sand Mountain
- Entry/Admission - Crescent Moon Pool
- Entry/Admission - Dunhuang Night Market
What's excluded :
- Personal expense
- Optional activity (such as special caves at Mogao Grottoes and camel riding or sand skiing)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mogao Caves, Dunhuang, Jiuquan, Gansu, China
At 09:00 meet your guide and driver in your hotel. Then we will drive to visit the most notable attraction in Dunhuang, Mogao Grottoes. The grottoes also were known as Caves of the Thousand Buddha, house Buddhist cave temple architecture, clay sculpture, mural paintings and manuscripts, dating from the 4th to the 19th centuries, nearly 1500 years.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Mingsha Shan - Echoing-Sand Mountain, Three miles from Dunhuang, Dunhuang 831900 China
In the afternoon, we will continue to visit the Singing-Sand Mountain. When you slide down the slope, you can hear the roaring echo of sands, hence the name.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Crescent Moon Pool, 5km South of Dunhuang, Dunhuang 736200 China
Walking along the mountain to reach the Crescent Lake, your eyes will be feasted on the crescent-shaped spring surrounded by the endless Gobi desert. You can try some optional activity like camel riding and sand skiing (cost on your own).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Dunhuang Night Market, China, Gansu Sheng, Jiuquan Shi, Dunhuang Shi, 步行街
In the evening, you will visit the famous local Sazhou Night Market. After the tour transfer back to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Dunhuang, Dunhuang, Gansu
1. The pickup time is approximate due to the open time of attractions and the peak season or not, you will be contacted one day in advance to reconfirm the exact time.
2. You might visit the Mogao Grottoes in the afternoon and Crescent Lake & Singing Sand Mountain in the morning instead based on the ticket reservation condition of Mogao Grottoes attraction site.
Departure Point :Dunhuang Hotel, 18 Ming Shan Lu, Dunhuang Shi, 敦煌 Gansu Sheng, China, 736200
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Camel riding and sand skiing is optional
- Special caves at Mogao Grottoes are not included
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- You will be contacted at least one day ahead of the travel day via email to advise the pickup info. The tour guide will also call you or leave you a message through your hotel room the night before tour about pickup time.
- You are suggested to wear comfortable shoes on tour day.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.