Embera Eco and Cultural Day Experience
This is the tour that will immerse you in the most intimate part of Panama. The encounter with the friendly and kind Emberá will enrich your incredible experience even more.
Navigating the waters of the Chagres River, which is the main river that supplies the Panama Canal with the water necessary for the transit of ships, is one of the most incredible parts of the tour. The incredible skills of the Indigenous to navigate this river will amaze you.
In this tour nature will surprise you, but discover the incredible wealth, kindness and joy of the people who are part of this culture, is something that will shake your expectations and your way of seeing life. This is definitely a Tour that you can not miss if you visit Panama.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Chagres National Park
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chagres National Park, Carretera Madden, Colon Panama
7:30 A.M. Our enthusiastic guide, with a big smile, will give a warm welcome to your adventure of this day. Do not forget to bring identification, clothing and shoes comfortable and sunscreen.
The journey from the hotel to your first stop on the way to your destination will be approximately 40 minutes, at a local market where you will have the opportunity to buy snacks, drinks and anything you need for this day...
After this stop, you will be taken thought the northern part of the province of Panama for about 45 minutes, until you reach the checkpoint of Chágres National Park, to report your arrival, and receive introductory information about this area.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Corotú, Panama
At 9:00 a.m. will arrive at Puerto Corotú, where the Emberá will welcome you with great enthusiasm and will guide you to the "piraguas" (Canoes made from the trunk of a tree), to start navigating the crystal clear waters of Río Chágres. Take a selfie with these incredible natives and enjoy your first contact with a great culture.
At 9:30 a.m. enjoy nature to the fullest in a fascinating 40-minute hike through the rainforest, to the spectacular San Juan waterfall. Here you will have 30 minutes to time to swim, contemplate the stunning nature or to take the best pictures of your trip..
11:00 a.m. It will be the time to return to the boat and continue navigating the Chágres river until finally, find the most awaited Embera community. The music and the sincere smiles of these natives and the colorful dresses of each of them will captivate all your senses.
11:30 a.m. Once assigned your place, one of the leaders of the community will come to share all aspects of the culture. this is the perfect time to clarify all your doubts and concerns about this fascinating culture
12:30 pm. Lunch Time! and enjoy the culinary delights of this culture. Its exquisite fish with fried green plantain (patacón), will make you exhale of the taste!
After lunch, a parade of women from the community will come to your meeting place to present the most extraordinary expressions of dances in front of us. It's time to dance to the rhythm of the drum, the flute and the maraca! Move your body and release all the stress enjoying the Emberá rhythm.
1:30 p.m. After shopping and buying the wonderful crafts made by the natives, walk through the community, dip your toes in the river or relax in one of the hammocks overlooking the majestic nature, we will be ready to board our piraguas and go dowriver back to Puerto Corotu .
2:00 p.m. board your transportation, enjoy snaks and drinks and get ready to post all your pictures with the free Wi-Fi on board the transportation going back to Panama City
3:30 pm. Estimated time to arrive to the hotel
I am sure that this will be one of the EXPERIENCES you will always remember in your entire life!
I have no doubt that it will be so!
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Panama City. Financial district. Pickups from Gamboa and Playa Bonita, please notice.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We do have a Small Healthy Handy Packages with alcohol and disposable face mask available for travelers (optional. Not included in price)
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.