Explore Galle in a day with River Safari in Bentota
This day tour program takes you along the south coast to explore the narrow streets within the impressive Dutch Fort in Galle, an UNESCO World Heritage Site which provides some of the best vantage points to watch the sunset in the South. Enjoy the stops along the way that give the opportunity for a boat ride to explore the bio diversity of the Madu River wetlands, gain an insight into turtle conservation efforts and the skillful art of stilt fishing.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup & drop off from and to airport or Negombo
- Ground-transport in an A/C vehicle
- Government taxes
- 500 ml Mineral water bottle- per person
What's excluded :
- Cost of meals and beverages during the tour
- Entrance tickets (Turtle farm $ 6/- p.p, Galle museum $ 3/- p.p- subject to change)
- Madu River boat safari- US$ 20 per boat (6-8 pax per boat)
- Video and camera permits
- Entry/Admission - Madu River
- Entry/Admission - Kosgoda Sea Turtle Conservation Project
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Madu River, Nilwala River Safari, Bridge View, Custom Road, Balapitiya , Sri Lanka 941906362 Call And Contact, Balapitiya 80550 Sri Lanka
Early in the morning, according to your pickup location your vehicle will pick you up and take you to Galle. En-route to Galle stop off for a boat ride along the Madu River which is a biodiversity hotspot. Explore this soggy wetland which includes many uninhabited islands and plays an important role in the cinnamon industry.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kosgoda Sea Turtle Conservation Project, 13A Galle Road, Kosgoda 80570 Sri Lanka
After your boat ride make your way to a turtle conservation project to get a firsthand insight into the efforts made to prevent the extinction of sea turtles in Sri Lanka.
Duration: 1 minute
Stop At: Galle, Galle, Galle District, Southern Province
Proceed to Galle to explore the Galle Fort which is a UNESCO World Heritage site that seamlessly combines Dutch, Portuguese and British history. Explore the plethora of cafes, restaurants and other interesting places that now exist within the thick walled ramparts of the fort. Step into the Groote Kerk or Dutch Reformed Church built in 1755 before you make your way to the museum and take in some of the colonial architecture in the surroundings. Make your way to the ramparts to get a beautiful view across the ocean and the best vantage point to watch the sunset on your day of discovery.
Back to your hotel or to airport for your departure.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.