Full Day Soweto Township and Apartheid Museum Tour With Light Lunch
Starting your Tour with a visit to the World famous Apartheid Museum. The Apartheid Museum, the first of its kind, illustrates the rise and fall of apartheid: The racially prejudiced system that blighted much of its progress and the triumph of reason which crowned half a century of struggle. The Museum has been assembled and organized by a multi-disciplinary team of curators, film-makers, historians and designers.
In Soweto - South Western Township , you will catch a glimpse of the lives of
its estimated 4 millions residents. This popular tour includes a visit to attractions such as : Walter Sisulu Square in Kliptown, Mandela House Museum, Hector Pieterson Museum and Memorial Site, Vilakazi Street - One of South Africa's most famous streets.
The tour is concluded with a drive past:
Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital and Taxi Rank
The Soweto Campus of the University of Johannesburg
Soccer City - home to the opening and closing functions of the soccer World Cup 2010
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Return Transportation from the Hotel
- Driver - Guide
- Entrance Fees to the Museum as specified in the Itinerary
- Light Lunch at Chaf Pozi at Orlando Towers
- Entry/Admission - Apartheid Museum
What's excluded :
- Personal Items
- Entry/Admission - Hector Pieterson Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Apartheid Museum, Northern Park Way and Gold Reef Rd, Johannesburg 2001 South Africa
Visitors will be able to walk inside the Museum, witness the darkest moment of South Africa during the time of Apartheid, live before discovering of Gold in Johannesburg, section of Nelson Mandela's life and the last section is the Apartheid.
Duration: 3 minutes
Pass By: Orlando Towers, Soweto, Johannesburg South Africa
Stop by for a souvenir picture
Stop At: Hector Pieterson Museum, 8287 Khumalo St, Soweto, Johannesburg South Africa
Walk into vilakazi Street until you reach Hector Pieterson Memorial, outside only, you will be able to learn about what took place 16 June 1976, students uprising.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vilakazi Street, Soweto, Johannesburg 1804 South Africa
You will be able to walk into the most and only famous Street in the World where 2 winners of Nobel Peace lived : Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Johannesburg, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not located into 30 km from OR Tambo International Airport or is not mentioned on the list above, kindly contact us before making any booking.Airports
- Johannesburg Intl Airport, Johannesburg South Africa
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.