Full-Day Tour of Tiwanaku Archaeological Site from La Paz, Bolivia
Visit the ruins of one of the oldest cultures that lived in the Andes, the Tiwanaku culture is full of amazing facts and history. Half day tour that will take you to one of the most enigmatic places in Bolivia.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- Located near the southern shore of Lake Titicaca in Bolivia, the city of Tiwanaku (also spelled Tiahuanaco) was the capital of a powerful pre-Inca civilization that dominated the Andean region between 500 AD and 900 AD. The monumental remains of this great culture include several temples, a pyramid, symbolic gates, monoliths, and mysterious carvings of alien-like faces. Arriving later, the Incas regarded Tiwanaku as the site of creation by their god Viracocha, who rose from the depths of Lake Titicaca.
This is the most important Bolivian archeological site, where the monolith Bennet can be appreciated, the famous Gate of the Sun, the Kalasasaya temple, the Akapana pyramid, the semi-subterranean Temple, the lithic and ceramic museums, Puma Punku and more.
Pickups begin at 7:30 am for hotels in the downtown area. For hotels in Sopocachi or in the south zone of the city, a meeting point is arranged. You return to the central San Francisco church by 4 pm approximately. Tour includes transportation, lunch, guide, and entrance fees.
Departure Point :Pick ups from hotels in the downtown area. For hotels in the Sopocachi area or in the south zone of the city we arrange meeting points.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Tour finishes in San Francisco Church, in the corner of Montes Avenue and Sagarnaga Street
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.