Full Day Tour To Dendera And Abydos Temples From Luxor
Explore the magnificent temple of pharaoh Seti I at Abydos, and the awesome temple of Goddess Hathor at Dendera with certified tour guides.
Peace of mind.
No hidden gems.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees.
- Police permits
- Hotel pick up and drop off.
- Entry/Admission - Abydos
- Entry/Admission - Dendera Temple Complex
What's excluded :
- Drinks and meals
- Personal expenses.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Abydos, Al Balyana, Sohag Egypt
Abydos or ( Abdju ) was the center of the god Osiris ( god of death and eternity ). It was the pilgrimage center of ancient Egypt. Everyone had to visit it once at least in his life time. It was as well the center of the cemeteries of the 1st and 2nd dynasties. It was thought that Abydos was the gate to the afterlife.
The temple you will visit there, is the temple of the king Seti I ( 19th dynasty ). The temple was begun by Seti I and finished by his son Ramses II. Ramses II’s section is now damaged.
The temple is very unique among the Egyptian temples due to the quality of the paintings. The temple was dedicated to seven deities, Osiris, Isis, Horus, Amon-Re, Ptah, Rehorakhty and Seti I as a god.
There are some amazing scenes, you will admire their quality and their craftsmanship, such as the establishing of the djed pillar and the different offering scenes.
One of the most important halls of the various halls and rooms of the temple is the Hall of Cartouches, which contains about 72 oblong shapes of the names of kings of Egypt from Menes to Seti I. It is very important chronological list.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Dendera Temple Complex, Dendera Egypt
Dendera or Tentyra was the capital of 16th Nome of upper Egypt.
The temple is dedicated to the goddess Hathor. Hathor (The Cow) was identified by the Greeks as Hera or Aphrodite. She was the goddess of love, dance, and music. Before you reach the temple, there are two structures in precinct of the temple, the Mamisi or “the birth house” and the Roman Basilica.
The temple of Hathor was built in the time of the Greeks. It is in very good condition with amazing astronomical scenes on the ceiling. There are 24 Hathoric columns bear the roof of the 1st hypostyle hall.
The temple contains very beautiful scenes such as the representation of the goddess Nut, and the zodiac on the top of the temple. You will admire the good carvings in the crypt at the rear part of the temple behind the sanctuary.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick all of our travelers where ever they are.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.