Giverny, Monet & Auvers-sur-Oise Impressionist Private Day Trip from Paris
Let a private guide show you the homes, gardens and studios of master Impressionist artists Claude Monet and Vincent van Gogh on this full-day private tour from Paris. In Giverny, visit Monet’s house and gardens, trace the history of the Impressionist movement at the Musée des Impressionnismes and enjoy lunch at the charming Le Moulin de Fourges restaurant. Then explore the village of Auvers-sur-Oise, where Vincent van Gogh spent his final days. Enjoy a balance of guided elements and independent time on this private day trip by minivan.
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private vehicle and licensed driver guide
- Lunch, 3 Courses Menu (starter + main course + dessert), drinks included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Self-guided tour of Giverny gardens and Monet's house
- Visit the Tomb of Monet (guided) with Sainte-Radegonde Church
- Free drink in a local coffee shop in Giverny
- Guided visit of the Auberge Ravoux (Van Gogh's bedroom)
- Entrance tickets and visit of Auvers-sur-Oise.
- Entry/Admission - Fondation Claude Monet
- Entry/Admission - The Clos Normand - Fondation Claude Monet
- Entry/Admission - Le Moulin de Fourges
- Entry/Admission - Maison de van Gogh
- Entry/Admission - Auberge Ravoux
- Entry/Admission - Place du Chatelet
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Place de la Concorde, 75008 Paris France
Your day trip starts with hotel pickup in Paris by private minivan
Pass By: Office de Tourisme des Portes de l'Eure, 12 rue du Pont, 27200 Vernon France
For the 1.5-hour drive with your guide to Giverny, the location of Claude Monet’s colorful home and gardens. The Impressionist master lived here from 1883 to 1926 and painted several of his most famous works, including the series of water lilies.
Stop At: Fondation Claude Monet, 84 Rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
When you arrive, your guide will let you explore the house and grounds on your own.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: The Clos Normand - Fondation Claude Monet, 84 rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
See Monet’s studio, charming home and the Japanese bridge over the lily pond that you’ll recognize from some of his paintings.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Eglise Sainte-Radegonde de Giverny, 53 rue Claude Monet Rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
Then continue your tour by visiting Monet's grave in the churchyard of the village and admire the beautiful Romanesque church of Sainte Radegonde.Also you will get a free drink in a local coffee shop.
Stop At: Le Moulin de Fourges, 38 Rue du Moulin, 27630 Vexin-sur-Epte, France
Head to a local restaurant, Le Moulin de Fourges, for lunch, and soak up its historical, waterside setting inside a 200-year-old mill
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Office de tourisme d'Auvers-sur-Oise Sausseron Impressionnistes, 38 rue du General de Gaulle, 95430 Auvers-sur-Oise France
Before making the 1-hour drive to Auvers-sur-Oise preety riverside village
Stop At: Eglise Notre-Dame d'Auvers, 2 rue Daubigny, 95430 Auvers-sur-Oise France
Walk through the village with your guide, learning about Vincent van Gogh’s final days here before he passed away in 1890.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Maison de van Gogh, 1 Place de la Mairie Place de la Mairie, 95430 Auvers-sur-Oise France
Hear a bit about his life, post-Impressionist works and mental illness,
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Auberge Ravoux, 52 Rue du Général de Gaulle, 95430 Auvers-sur-Oise, France
Then visit Auberge Ravoux, where he stayed just before his death.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Arc de Triomphe, Place Charles de Gaulle, 75008 Paris France
Your day trip ends with the drive back to Paris
Stop At: 1 Place du Chatelet, 75001 Paris France
You will be dropped back to your hotel or residence in central Paris
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please note that due to actual traffic situation in Paris the real Pick-up may take place up to 30 minutes later than the time indicated on the voucher. Pick up location will be from the hotel or Private residence in Paris ( Zip code must start by 75), should the address be provided to us at least 72 hours ( local time) prior to tour's departure.Without the accommodation address and if booking is made less than 72 hours ( local time) prior to departure, the pick up will be from PARISCityVISION on 2 rue des Pyramides, nearest Metro : Tuileries or Pyramides ( line 1 or 7/14) "
Departure Time :8:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that due to actual traffic situation in Paris the real Pick-up may take place up to 30 minutes later than the time indicated on the voucher. Pick up location will be from the hotel or Private residence in Paris ( Zip code must start by 75), should the address be provided to us at least 72 hours ( local time) prior to tour's departure. Without the accommodation address and if booking is made less than 72 hours ( local time) prior to departure, the pick up will be from PARISCityVISION on 2 rue des Pyramides, nearest Metro : Tuileries or Pyramides ( line 1 or 7/14) "
- Please note the guide does not accompany you into Monet's house or Auberge Ravoux, allowing you to visit independently
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Lunch at a charming restaurant in the countryside
- Template Menu: Starter: Mackerel bread with white wine sauce, herbed cream and small salad. Main dish: Roasted chicken breast, mushroom cream and mashed potato with salted butter. Dessert: Norman apple tart, scoop of ice cream. Drinks: White and red Wine OR Cider of local production on demand + Still and sparkling water, Coffee or Tea Note: Alternative choices to food restrictions (vegetarian, gluten-free...) available on site.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.