Golden Ring Sergiev Posad Private Tour with a Local Guide
A guide will meet you in the hotel lobby and by an express train you will go to Sergiev Posad. On the way you will talk about Russian history and why the monastery of such importance. Upon the arrival, grab a coffee ;) and walk through the little cosy streets of this ancient city, admire the view on a monastery from an observation deck. Then come down to it and explore all the cathedrals, a guide will tell you everything about them and will help you take the best pictures:) See the beautiful frescoes in a Dormition Cathedral, admire the simple, yet elegant architecture of the 14th century Trinity cathedral. Wow at the elaborate decorations of the refectory and hear how Stroganoff is connected with the monastery. Also, see where Peter the Great was hiding from the shooters and where Ivan the Terrible was killing his enemies (if he was).
Please, note that we are going to Sergiev Posad by an express train. If you want to go by car (nevertheless it's longer this way), please contact us:))
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes
- Professional Local Guide
- Private tour
- Multiple start times available
- Expert advice where to go and what to do after the tour
- Best places for photo shoot
- Customisable flexible itinerary
- Meeting in the hotel lobby
- Entry/Admission - The Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Toy Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra, Sergiev Posad mkr, Sergiyev Posad 141300 Russia
The famous site of pilgrimage for Orthodox Christians, a unique monastery and an architectural complex with some of the most ancient icons, frescoes and authentic people.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sergiyev Posad State History and Art Museum Preserve, Krasnoi Army Ave., 144, Sergiyev Posad 141300 Russia
A unique historical complex of one of the cities of Golden Ring (that's a name for 12 cities in European part of Russia which are considered of the most cultural and historical importance for the country). In UNESCO list.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Trinity Cathedral, Troitse-Sergiyeva Lavra, Sergiyev Posad Russia
The first cathedral to be built on the place where Sergei (the person, after whom the city is named) founded his now-world-famous monastery.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Toy Museum, pr. Krasnoj Armii, d. 123, Sergiyev Posad Russia
A museum containing such interesting things as the first Matreshka doll, private toys of Nicolas II and his family (last Russian emperor).
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from any centrally located hotel in Moscow:))IMPORTANT: Please, write us the name of your hotel:)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.