Guided Walking Tour Highlights of Siena with Sweets Tasting
Is it your first time in Siena? Do you wish to discover a little bit more about this magic city? Tour the historical medieval centre and discover its authentic gastronomic side with a passionate and expert local guide! You will visit the main sites and also discover off the beaten path corners. You will walk through characteristic alleys and reach the shell-shaped Piazza del Campo, the heart of the ancient Republic's civic life, where the famous Palio horse race takes place twice a year. You will also learn about the fascinating traditions of the Contradas, the “districts” into which Siena is divided. You will walk up to the magnificent Duomo, Siena’s cathedral, to admire its rich Romanesque-Gothic architecture. This tour will include a special Italian-style treat! You will have a taste of our best Sienese freshly-baked traditional sweets such as Ricciarelli almond cookies, Panforte, Cantucci combined with a shot glass of our precious dessert wine Vinsanto.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Tasting of local traditional sweets such as Ricciarelli, Panforte, Cantucci and a glass of Vinsanto.
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets of any site
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Siena
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza del Campo, 53100, Siena Italy
Overview History of one of the most famous Piazza of Italy, where Palio horse race take place.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Duomo di Siena, Piazza del Duomo 8, 53100, Siena Italy
Overview and History of the Church and its Piazza all from the outside
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Centro Storico di Siena, Piazza Del Campo, 53100, Siena Italy
You will visit the main sites and also discover off the beaten path corners. You will walk through characteristic alleys and reach the shell-shaped Piazza del Campo, the heart of the ancient Republic's civic life, where the famous Palio horse race takes place twice a year. You will also learn about the fascinating traditions of the Contradas, the “districts” into which Siena is divided.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Piazza S. Domenico, 4, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.