Half Day Beijing Walking Tour: Hutong & Mansion of Prince Gong & Houhai Lake
Discover the charms of Old Beijing in a half day. You will walk around hutong to discover a traditional side of Beijing then marvel at spectacular sights like Prince Gong’s Mansion and its verdant surrounding gardens, the Bell and Drum Towers and Houhai Lake. Besides, you'll experience taking a traditional mode of transport pedicab.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrance tickets
- English speaking tour guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Bell and Drum Towers
- Entry/Admission - Prince Kung's (Gong) Mansion
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hutong Tour, No.9, Zhonglou, Dongcheng District No.9, Zhonglou, Dongcheng District, 100009, Beijing, Beijing 100009 China
The tour guide will meet you at the Exit E of Nanluoguxiang subway station, then take you to the Hutong area. Explore local souvenirs, shops, street snacks in the narrow hutong. Experience the leisurely lifestyle of local people and learn Chinese culture.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Bell and Drum Towers, Di'anmen Wai Main Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006 China
The Bell and Drum Towers is the first station for this tour, once used to keep time for locals, signaling when the heavy gates would get shut. Climb up the steep staircase and get a rewarding view of the Hutongs then keep your ears open and possibly hear drum performances.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Shichahai Scenic Resort, Yangfang Lane, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009 China
Hop on a pedicab along Opium street, Yinding Bridge. The view in Houhai Lake will startle you with its beautiful scenery.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Prince Kung's (Gong) Mansion, No.14 Liuyin Street, inside Prince Kung's Mansion, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009 China
At last, visit the Mansion of Prince Gong, a private residence of Heshen, a wealthy minister in Qing Dynasty (1644AD - 1911AD). Afterward, walk to the subway station and say goodbye to your guide.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Nanluoguxiang, Nan Luo Gu Xiang, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- You will be informed the exact pick up time and meeting point a night before departure by your tour guide, please leave your hotel information upon booking.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Most travelers can participate
- If you don't receive the call before 8:30pm, please contact us ASAP
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.