Half-Day North Coast Savaii Island Tour
This half-day north coast Savaii tour departs from Salelologa on the largest and highest Island in Samoa. This tour has always been popular with families and It takes you through several scattered coastal and beachside villages. Popular stops include the 100 year old Saleaula lava fields and ruins. A popular choice with children has always been swimming with the turtles at the reserve at Sato’alepai and also a local swiftlet population in a lava tube cave "Letui Pe'ape'a cave"
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local driver/guide
- tour starts from Salelologa wharf in Savaii. Pick up from Salelolgoa wharf or Salelologa town area only is included in price
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Pe'ape'a Cave
- Entry/Admission - Saleaula Lava Fields
What's excluded :
- This tour does not include a pick up anywhere on Upolu island, or outside of Salelologa township in Savaii.
- Please note that this tour involves walking on occasional uneven surfaces and are not suited to persons with walking aids or mobility devices.
- This half-day tour covers the north coast of Savaii and begins when you are picked up from the Salelologa Wharf or your local Salelologa hotel.
Your tour will begin with a visit to the colourful Salelologa Market before heading off northwards. You will have brief stops at various natural attractions and areas of historical significance such as Sapapalii where Christianity was first introduced to Samoa, and local coastal freshwater springs.
The drive northwards is a delightful ride through many neat scattered coastal villages, opportunities for taking photos can be made along the way. The highlight of this tour includes arriving at the Saleaula lava fields which are now 100 years old. Following this you will visit a turtle reserve where the opportunity to get into the water with these amazing creatures and swim with the turtles is provided.
The Letui Pe'ape'a cave is the last stop, which is home to a local swiftlet population which was almost wiped out in the recent 1990’s cyclones, these graceful birds have found haven in a fascinating cave which is one of many naturally formed lava tubes.
You will then be taken back to the Salelologa Wharf or your local Salelologa hotel.
Departure Point :Salelologa Wharf, Salelologa, Samoa
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Salelologa Wharf or your Salelologa hotelDirections: Saleologa townshipDates: Monday to SaturdayReturn point: Salelologa Wharf or your Salelologa hotel
Departure Time :9:15am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.