Kota Belud Sunday Market Tour From Kota Kinabalu Including Lunch
In northern Borneo, take in local color and atmosphere at Kota Belud Tamu, or the Kota Belud Sunday market. Observe the ornate outfits of the Bajau horsemen, which pop with bright shades of various colors, and peruse a vast array of stalls selling artisanal products.
- Full day exploring Kota Belud's unique attractions
- Wandering through the Kota Belud Tamu—Sunday market
- Traditional & colorful costumes worn by Bajau horsemen
- Deeper look at local farm products & handicraft production
- Local buffaloes for sale & graceful beauty queens
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Kota Kinabalu City Hotels)
- Set Lunch.
- English Speaking Guide.
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tamu Market of Kota Belud, West Coast Division, Kota Belud 89150 Malaysia
The journey will take about 1 hour and 15 minutes drive to Kota Belud. Rice fields, villages and beautiful scenery can be seen along the way. Kota Belud is the land for the Bajau, a local native tribe who are popularly known as Cowboy of the East.
On every Sunday, the Bajaus bring out their local produces, handicrafts etc to be sold in this large open-air market. The market is also the local point for the locals to socialize and mingle in group.
During a special event “Tamu Besar” (normally on month of October or November), you may be able to see the Bajau’s horsemen with their traditional colorful costumes on Parade in the field. Buffalo is used widely in the rice cultivation in the areas around Kota Belud as farming method has never been modernized. You may also be able to see the numerous buffalo’s line up to be auctioned to the highest bidder.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Traveler pickup is offered
Free hotel pick up & drop off from your hotel located at Kota Kinabalu City Centre (1km radius).An additional surcharge for hotel pickup outside 1km radius from the city center is applicable andpayable on the day of your activity.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- 1 Borneo Hotels & Outskirt Hotels Pick up & drop-off additional charges applied. Additional USD 9 per person
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.