Landmannalaugar and Highlands of Iceland - Private Tour
Enjoy this private day trip from Reykjavik and take in the magical beauty of Icelandic highlands and lowlands, stopping by natural wonders en-route to Landmannalaugar. This tour in SUV will give you a chance to walk on ice, lava, volcanic ash, and later, warm up in a natural hot spring. This trip is customizable and can be tailor-made to suit your preferences.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Reykjavik
- Private tour for your party
- Driver/guide services
- Transportation by SUV
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hjalparfoss Iceland
Hjalparfoss is a beautiful, two stepped waterfall near the confluence of Rivers Thjorsa and Fossa in the Thjorsa Valley. The surrounding area is called Hjalp (Help), because the travellers across the Sprengisandur Route found great help in reaching a vegetated area to graze their horses after a long journey in the barren interior.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Sigoldufoss, Fjallabaksleið Nyrðri, Iceland
Sigoldufoss or Sigöldufoss is a nice waterfall in the south of Iceland. Sigoldufoss is a 10 meter high waterfall in the river Tungnaá. In 1981 a power station was built not far from the fall with a capacity of 210,000 kW. Therefore the flow of the water in the river Tungnaá can be low.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: F208 to F224, Landmannalaugar Iceland
Landmannalaugar is situated centrally in the colorful rhyolite mountains of Fjallabak Nature Reserve. It is a true nature gem filled with geothermal wonderments. Landmannalaugar is the most common starting point for the famous Laugavegur Trek and is for many an absolute favorite location in Iceland. This geothermal utopia is known for its natural hot spring, vibrant mountains and for having some of the best hiking trails found in Iceland.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Volcano Hekla, Iceland
Hekla is situated in South Iceland. It is one of the most active volcanoes in Iceland with over twenty eruptions since 874. Eruptions could last for a few days or longer than a year spewing out magnificent volumes of lava. Over 10% of the tephra created in Iceland during the last 1000 years flowed from Hekla.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Capital Region
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup and drop off outside of Reykjavik are available at additional costAirports
- Keflavik Intl Airport, 235 Keflavikurflugvollur Iceland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A maximum of 4 people per booking. Tours of more than 4 may be operated in separate SUV´s
- Operates in different weather conditions, please dress appropriately, hiking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We follow official requirements from the Icelandic Directorate of Health. Detailed information can be found at the website: https://www.covid.is/english
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.