Midnight sun photography tour
This 3-hour photography adventure takes you to very best locations around Rovaniemi to experience and photograph the amazing phenomenon of Midnight Sun.We move in a small-group and your photography guide will show you the necessary techniques to capture the soft and vivid light of the Midnight sun. Photography as a main activity gives you the most exclusive way to experience stunning landscapes of Lapland and photograph the beautiful Midnight Sun.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- private expedition guide
- drinks and snacks
- hotel pick-up & drop-off
- minivan transportation
- necessary equipment (mosquito nets & repellents, BBQ -gear)
What's excluded :
- The Midnight Sun is one of the most amazing phenomena in Lapland during the summer months. During June and July, the Sun does not set below the horizon. Instead we experience some dumbfounding displays of colours as they slowly settle over the horizon. On this tour we will take you to the best locations around Rovaniemi to experience and photograph this unique natural phenomenon. We start from Rovaniemi and drive to a few different locations to catch the vivid light of the sunset. The tour is scheduled around midnight, so that we are able to photograph the best moments of both the sunset and the sunrise!
We take you to locations chosen for their great scenery and the nature around us. We will photograph next to rivers and lakes, forests and wilderness areas, in order to capture authentic Lappish landscapes under the Midnight Sun. We will teach you some basics of photographing in dusk light and how to catch all the amazing colours with your camera. During the tour, we also set up a campfire and eat some BBQ snacks while experiencing the Nightless Night in the middle of authentic Lappish sceneries.
Departure Point :Valtakatu 21, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up service from any accommodation outside city center and in range of 10km.
Departure Time :9:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Beyond Arctic