Mountain Bike Aberdeenshire : Moor and Glen Ride
This is an intermediate level tour through the Glen Tanar Estate. You'll be introduced to the joys of mountain biking on the estate trails and tracks in the glens and moors along Deeside.
Your guide will give you tips on riding all the way and manage the effort so you have the mini-adventure that suits you.
per adult from
What's included :
- Mountain bikes
- Cycle helmet
- Cycle gloves
What's excluded :
- Snacks - Please make sure you are prepare for the weather, we do not provide warm clothing or sun scream.
I'll take 20 minutes to fit you to a bike, and give you some basic tuition on riding a full suspension mountain bike. During the ride, I'll show you how to use the capability of your full suspension bike. We'll work on climbing, descending, cornering and braking. You will gradually build your skills and confidence for the trail ahead.
Then we take to the trails. We warm up on easy trails, where we'll practice a stream crossing, before a quick break at the halfway hut. From here we head in to more open country, with a couple of hours more strenuous riding on to open moorland, to be rewarded by a great view at the summit. Then its time to put your downhill skills to the test, with 3km of descent. We'll catch our breath at the ruined croft before completing the circuit and returning to Dinnet.
Please advise Macdui Bike Adventures by email if your group includes young adults under 18 year old. The itinerary will be modified to meet their requirements and Adventure Activity Licencing Requirements.
Departure Point :Crossroads, Aboyne AB34 5LW, UK
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.