Northern Lights Photography Tour from Rovaniemi
Join this legendary Northern Lights photography tour from Rovaniemi to maximise your chances to see this great natural arctic phenomenon and learn to take pictures of Auroras. Your destination is the best possible spot: a small mountain where the sky is often clear and view to the north perfect. If you are in luck, you may spot the Auroras already during the 45-minute journey away from Rovaniemi and artificial lights if the weather is good.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Winter adventure gear
- Guidance services
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Private tours available for additional charge
- First, you will be transported from your hotel to the Safari Office to get the necessary equipment for the trip. Your destination is a 45-minute drive away from Rovaniemi. There you will end up to a large lodge just in the middle of the wilderness where you can find toilets and other facilities.
Afterwards you will have a little walk up the hill where a comfortable tepee is waiting for you. You will make a fire in the tepee and enjoy warm beverages and barbeque while watching the sky. The guide shares information about Northern Lights and the old mythology around them. The arctic starry sky is very beautiful. Spot the Big Bear and Polar Star, Northern Lights often appear just under the Polar Star. Listen to the stories about local life and nature by living fire. Experience some Lappish shamanism and see your future with your great Aurora guides! Your guides reserve the right to change the start time of the safari in order to provide you with the best possible chance to see the Northern Lights.
This Northern Lights trip has been receiving excellent feedback for years. This is because our Northern Lights spotting place is the best possible place where there are no other lights at all, northern sky is fully open and the weather is often clear even if it is cloudy or foggy in the town. Please be advised that you will still need some luck to see the lights because it is unpredictable even during the trip! Great surprises happen! The likelihood is about 80% to see some kind of lights.
Departure Point :Lapland Welcome, Rovakatu 26, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm the exact pick up time upon booking.The meeting time at Lapland Welcome Safari Office (Rovakatu 26, 2nd floor, 96200 Rovaniemi) is 15 minutes before the starting time of the safari.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please contact us if you wish to have a guide in other language
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 1,000 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.