Northern Lights Snowmobile Driving Safari
Experience a nice and memorable trip in the dark wilderness by driving a snowmobile. Now you can combine these experiences driving a snowmobile and hunting the Northern Lights. The safari is arranged on the best possible place – great small mountain facing north.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guidance services
- Snacks and meals mentioned
- Winter adventure gear
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Private tours available for additional charge
- Even on our 45 minutes way out from the artificial lights it is possible to see the Northern Lights – Aurora Borealis if the weather is good. Afterwards we take the snowmobiles and drive in the dark wilderness finally reaching a wooden tepee on the mountain. We make a fire in the tepee and enjoy warm beverages and barbeque snacks while watching the sky. The guide explains all about Northern Lights and the old mythology. The appearance of the lights is not guaranteed but they are visible in about 70 % of the clear sky evenings. Also the arctic starry sky is very beautiful. Spot the Big Bear and Polar Star, Northern Lights often appear just under the Polar Star. Listen to the stories about local life and nature by living fire. Experience some Lappish shamanism in and see your future with our great Aurora guides!
Our Northern Lights trip has got excellent feedbacks already for years. This is because our Northern Lights spotting place is the best possible place in Rovaniemi area where are no other lights at all, northern sky is fully open and the weather is often clear even if it is cloudy or foggy in the town. By our long experience the right hours to be out there is 11-12 PM. Anyway you need some luck to see the lights and it is unpredictable even during the trip! Great surprises happen!
Why to book our organized trip? On this trip the weather is often better than in the city and you can see even the first thin lights once they appear. All kind of Northern Lights you see clearly because there is no artificial light in the air. The mountain has got a special micro climate that means open sky for most of the nights.The northern horizon is all visible and absolutely dark that is very important in Aurora hunting. This trip offers a great chance for taking pictures of Northern lights in the middle of beautiful arctic nature. Please also check the tour reviews on our TripAdvisor pages and join us – the Aurora experts!
Departure Point :Lapland Welcome, Rovakatu 26, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm the exact pick up time upon booking.The meeting time at Lapland Welcome Safari Office (Rovakatu 26, 2nd floor, 96200 Rovaniemi) is 15 minutes before the starting time of the safari.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please contact us if you wish to have a guide in other language
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.