Obidos, Peniche, Baleal and Mafra Private Tour from Lisbon
This private tour takes us north along the amazing landscapes of the west coast of Portugal until we arrive at Óbidos. Walking tour with your guide and free time in the village. Free Cherry Liqueur tasting. "Off the beaten path": we will stop at the odd rock formations at Cabo Carvoeiro, Peniche. Another unique place is the village of Baleal, a peninsula that stretches into the Atlantic. We will stop there for you to explore the place. A fusion of land and ocean. Nature in pure state. Mafra National Palace is one of the largest buildings in Europe. Visit to the church. The words "massive," "monumental," "gigantic," "colossal," and "vast" fail to describe the scale of Mafra's Baroque royal palace. Short lunch break for you to taste the old traditional convent sweets.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Official Driver/guide and visits to the monuments
- Toll fees
- Vehicle with air conditioning and free wi-fi on board.
- Hotel/port pick-up and drop-off
- 1 bottle of water per person, refreshing wipes and pocket tissues
- 1 Cherry Liqueur per person
- Offer of a COVID-19 kit (masks and disinfection gel).
What's excluded :
- Entrance-fees to monuments
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Palacio Nacional de Mafra
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palacio Nacional de Mafra, Terreiro Dom Joao v, Mafra 2640-492 Portugal
The last part of our tour takes us north through the magnificent landscape of the west coast until we reach Mafra. Mafra Convent has inspired several Portuguese writers as our Nobel Prize for Literature (1998) José Saramago. Visit to the church of the imposing Mafra Convent, largest baroque building in Portugal with 4700 doors and windows.
Visit to the palace with your certified guide.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cabo Carvoeiro, Rua Ilha de Peniche, Peniche 2520-618 Portugal
Strange rock formations at the "Cabo Carvoeiro" can be admired. This is a Geologic Paradise in Portugal. Short photo stop. If we have clear weather you will see the fabulous Islands of Berlengas.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Obidos, Obidos, Leiria District, Central Portugal
Óbidos is known as "Village of Queens". Once the wedding present to a queen, the preserved medieval town of Óbidos north of Lisbon is without doubt one of Portugal's most classic walled settlements. Walking the ramparts, visitors can enjoy views of windmills, vineyards and surrounding farmlands. Here we start an extensive orientation tour and the guests are invited to the famous cherry liqueur "Ginginha taste" too. Some free time.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Peniche, Peniche, Leiria District, Central Portugal
Peniche is also a small walled fishing town where the fishing industry is a very important activity. Peniche was an island until the sixteenth century, when silt created a narrow isthmus and is nowadays becoming popular as a surfer’s paradise.
Lunch time in the fishing town Peniche...off the beaten path, a place were portuguese like to eat.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Baleal, Baleal, Peniche, Leiria District, Central Portugal
Along the way we enjoy this magnificent coastal scenery until we arrive at the fishing village of Baleal, a fusion between land and sea. Stop for you to discover it.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All places in Lisbon at client's choice.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The portuguese tourism authority awarded our guides with the “Clean and Safe” stamp of approval to distinguish tourist activities which are compliant with hygiene and cleaning requirements for the prevention and control of COVID-19 and other possible infections..
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.