Orang Utan Island and Perak Tong Cave Temple Day Tour from Kuala Lumpur
Get an up close look at the endangered orangutan on this incredible private tour of Orangutan Island. Experience some of the area’s most stunning natural highlights and learn more about local wildlife. Also visit Perak Tong Cave Temple that has become one of the best cave temples in Malaysia. Enjoy the air-conditioned comfort and convenience of your own private vehicle
• Day trip to the Orangutan Island sanctuary in Bukit Merah
• Fascinating firsthand experience of Malaysian orangutans
• Experts reveal the lives & behaviors of the smart creatures
• Chance to capture photos of playful apes swinging in trees
• Visit Perak Tong Cave Temple
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up & drop off ( 0.5 km in city centre )
- English-speaking driver
- Perak Tong Cave Temple Visit
- Round-trip ferry ticket (to/from Orang Utan Island)
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Bukit Merah Orang Utan Island Foundation
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Any donation to temple
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan
Meet & Greet by our chauffer at Hotel Lobby & driven to the Orang Utan Island in Bukit Merah through north south highway.
Pass By: Tapah, Tapah, Batang Padang District, Perak
Beautiful scenery of rain forest, mountainous range, oil parm plantation, rubber plantation & the landscape. Stop at the rest area.
Pass By: Ipoh, Ipoh, Kinta District, Perak
Ipoh is a city in northwestern of Malaysia. We just drive pass by highway through the many beatifull lime stone hills.
Drive pass Menora Tunnel
The Menora Tunnel is a highway tunnel in Perak. It is an 800-metre tunnel on the North–South Expressway Northern Route.The Menora tunnel was opened officially in 1986. There are two tunnels side by side for each direction and it was drill through the hill.
Pass By: Perak River, Perak, Malaysia
Perak River is the second longest river in Peninsular Malaysia.
Stop At: Bukit Merah, Perak, Malaysia
Take a stroll around the park while the driver arrange transport to the island.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Bukit Merah Orang Utan Island Foundation, Jalan Bukit Merah Bukit Merah Laketown Resort, Semanggol 34400 Malaysia
Bukit Merah Orang Utan Island runs a nursery and research center for orangutans besides the rehabilitation facility.
Orang Utan Island, a 2-hectare rehabilitation and conservation centre where Orang Utans roam freely. A 20-minute boat ride will bring you to the Island that serves as a breeding sanctuary as well as a conservation, research and education centre for the better understanding of this endangered species.
On arrival, board the boat heading to the Orang Utan Island. Step ashore and amaze yourself with the ‘People of the Jungle’ or Orang Utan, an endangered species. Scientifically identified as very smart animals, Orang Utans have one of the longest birth intervals, on an average, once in every 8 years. Enjoy the hour & half at this dedicated rehabilitation sanctuary. Capture lots of photos for your remembrance. Return back to the jetty at mainland.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sam Poh Tong Cave Temple, Ipoh Malaysia
The Sam Poh Tong Temple is a Chinese temple built within a limestone cave and is the oldest and the main cave temple in Ipoh. The temple was built in a raw limestone cave in the mountains located about 5 km from the city center and follows the Buddhist branch of Mahāyāna Buddhism.
From a steep climb of 246 steps to the cave opening, visitors can view the city of Ipoh and its surroundings. (average physical condition required for steep climb)
Stop by for restroom & lunch on the way back to hotel. (lunch on your own)
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free pick-up from hotels within 3km in Kuala Lumpur City Center only
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and insect repellent are recommended
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.