Peter and Paul Fortress +cruiser Aurora + coffee break in a panoramic restaurant
The first structure to be built in St. Petersburg, and thus the birthplace of the city, it never served its intended defensive function. Instead it has had a rich, hugely varied, and sometimes sinister history as a military base, a home of government departments, the burial ground of the Russian Imperial family, the site of groundbreaking scientific experiments, and a forbidding jail that held some of Russia's most prominent political prisoners.
Travel back in time by stepping on board the memorial ship Aurora, which played an important role in the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917. The cruiser Aurora was built between 1897 and 1900 by the "New Admiralty" in St. Petersburg and joined Russia's Baltic fleet in 1903. The ship measures 126.8 meters in length, 16.8 meters in width and weighs a staggering 7,600 tons. Maintaining a speed of 20 knots it can travel independently for up to 1,440 sea miles.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
You will visit the Peter and Paul Fortress and the cruiser Aurora with a guide. These two exhibits played an important role in Russian culture. You will immerse yourself in Russian history and learn many interesting stories and facts. After visiting the cruiser, you will drop in a beautiful panoramic restaurant for a coffee break, where you can admire the view and take beautiful photos.
Departure Point :Kreyser Avrora, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 197046
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.