Private Chiang Mai City Tour with Wat Doi Suthep, Wat Suan Dok & Lunch
The city of Chiang Mai has a wealth of beautiful and historic Buddhist Wats (temples), and on this tour a visit to the most fascinating Wats is made. On this immersive full-day tour, see the many faces of Chiang Mai, including the marvel at the ancient temples Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Wat Chet Yot, Wat Suan Dok, Wat Phra Singh, Wat Chedi Luang & Wat Chiang Man, steeped in culture and history.
- Guided excursion to 6 well-known temples of Chiang Mai
- Exploration of fascinating Chiang Mai ancient temples
- Wat Phra That Doi Suthep with far-reaching city views
- Visit to 15th-century Wat Chet Yot with its 7-spire stupa
- The historic Buddha relic at Wat Suan Dok
- Stress-free roundtrip transportation to & from your hotel
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English speaking guide
- Round Trip Transfer
- Admission fee
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
- Entry/Admission - Wat Ched Yot
- Entry/Admission - Wat Suan Dok
- Entry/Admission - Wat Phra Singh
- Entry/Admission - Wat Chedi Luang Varavihara
- Entry/Admission - Wat Chiang Man
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Doi Suthep 50200 Thailand
8:30am - pick up from hotel to visit Doi Suthep Temple, the most famous temple in the north on top of the hill. Wat Pra That Doi Suthep,Containing a holy relux of Buddha and is reached bu 306 steps, flanked by mythical Nagas balustrade on either side, the panoramic views of the city from temple ground are truly spectaculars on a clear day.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Wat Ched Yot, Thnn Sup Pexr Hiwey Tambon Chang Phueak, Chiang Mai 50300 Thailand
10:30am -Wat Jed Yod, the Wat Ched Yod is an attractive Lanna are temple complex in the outskirts od Chiang Mai that contains some very unique architecture. The temple that is also known as Wat Chet Yod and Wat Photharam Maha Vihara is a Royal temple dating back to 15th Century.Its architectural style shows Lanna, Rattanakosin , Lao , Chinese and Indian influence. The temple was built during the reign og King Tilokkarat, King of the Lanna Kingdom from 1441 until 1487. The Kings ashes are enshrined in a chedi on the temple grounds.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wat Suan Dok, On Suthep Road, west of the Old City, Chiang Mai 50200 Thailand
11:30am - Wat Suan Dok, is localted just west of the old walled part of Chiang Mai is a very old temple knows for its large numver of white chedis or pagodas. Wat Suan Dok literally means flower garden temple. The temple derives its name from the location where it was built. The temple area was once used as a Royal flower gardens by the ruler of Chiang Mai. The most noticeable features of the Wat Suan Dok is the large number of chedis.The tallest golden chedi in Sri Lankan style is 48 meters high and contains the relic of the Buddha. A large number of smaller white chedis contain the ashes of members of several generations of the Chiang Mai Royal Family. The ashes were brought here from several places in Chiangmai as requested by Princess Dara Rashmi early 20th century. In 1477 the 8th World Buddhist Council was held here to discuss the texts of the Tripitaka, the scriptures containing the buddhist teachings.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wat Phra Singh, Singharat Road Phra Sing Subdistrict, Chiang Mai Thailand
13:00 pm- Wat Phra Singh, there was several magnificent and very old temples within the walled old city of Chiang Mai , with the Wat Phra Singh being one of the most attractive. The temples which is also known as The Monastery of the Lion Buddha or The temple of he Lion Buddha is an active temple with hundreds of monks and novices living there . The Wat Phra Singh housed a number of highly and very old Buddha images.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wat Chedi Luang Varavihara, 103 Phra Pok Klao Road Phra Singh, Chiang Mai 50200 Thailand
14:00- Wat Chedi Luang , its most prominent features is the massive and very impressive chedi (pagoda)dominating the area. The chedi was ordered by King Sean Muang Ma to enshrine the ashes of his father. Constructing began in 1391 and lastes almost a century. when the chedi was finally finsihed in 1475 during the reign of King Tilokarat it had reached a height of about 85 meters and a width of 44 meters which made it by far te largest structure of Chiang Mai. In the year 1545 disaster struck when a massive earthquake destroyed much of the chedi.The quake took off some 60 meters from the top of the chedi after which about 60 meters remained. In the 1990s the chedi was partially restored.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wat Chiang Man, 171 Ratchapakhinai Rd, Si Phum, Chiang Mai 50200 Thailand
15:00 pm - Wat Chiang Man, is the oldest temple in Chiang Mai and goes back all the way to founding of the city in 1296. When King Mengrai decided to build a new city and make it the new capital of the Lanna Kingdom , he build the Wat Chiang Man as the first temple of the new city on the site he used to supervise the construction of Chiang Mai. The temple holds servaral very old and important Buddha images .
16:30 - 17:00 - Back to hotel
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: McDonald's Night Bazaar Chiang Mai, Changklan Rd, Tambon Chang Khlan, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
2: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Traveler pickup is offered
Free Door To Door Pick up for our tours at the following location with NO CHARGE - City Center Chiangmai District area (3 KM radius) with namely Night Bazaar, Tapae Gate, Chiang Mai Gate, Suan Dok gate, old city , Huay Kaew Road to Ibis Hotel, Nimmana Haeminda Road & Santitham AreaYou can also join our tours at CHIANG MAI MEETING POINTS - Mc Donald at Chiangmai Night BazaarAn additional surcharge for hotel pickup outside 3 miles (5 km) radius from the city center is applicable and payable on the day of your activity.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are committed to ensure the safety of travelers according to the Standard Operating Procedures of the World Health Organization (WHO) Standards
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.