Private Day Trip from Athens to Meteora
Your day will begin with a pickup by your English-speaking driver from your hotel in Athens. After a quick introduction, you will board your private car and begin your fully customizable ride through the geological phenomenon of Meteora. Our drivers are not licensed to accompany you into the sights but are very knowledgeable of the places visited and will share all the necessary historical information and their local perspective.
Please note that men are required to wear long pants and women long skirts to enter the monasteries.
Once you arrive in Kalambaka you will be taken to the very top of the towering cliffs, to visit the monasteries that are perched high up on the steep rocks of Meteora. Varlaam Monastery, Holy Trinity, Monastery of Agios Nikolaos Anapafsas and Megalo Meteoro are all built in the 16th Century and offer stunning views.
At the end of your exploration, your driver will drive you safely back to Athens.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
- Fuel and Tolls
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Personal English-Speaking professional Driver
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees for all attractions
- Beverages and meals
- Tips and gratuities
- Official Tour Guide - Our drivers are English Speaking and very knowledgable of the places visited
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Battlefield of Thermopylae, Thermopylae Greece
The Battle of Thermopylae was fought between an alliance of Greek city-states, led by King Leonidas of Sparta, and the Persian Empire of Xerxes I.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Meteora, Kastraki, Kalambaka 422 00 Greece
The Meteora is a rock formation and a World Heritage site, hosting one of the largest and most precipitously built complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries.
Duration: 4 minutes
Stop At: Holy Trinity Monastery (Agia Triada), Kalambaka Greece
Kalabaka is a town and a municipality in the Trikala regional unit, where the Meteora Monasteries are located.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Theopetra's Prehistoric Cave, Northeast Above the Village of Theopetra, Kalambaka 422 00 Greece
The Cave of Theopetra, just 4 km away from Meteora, is indeed a very unique archeological site, mainly because it has revealed many of our early history secrets.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Traveler pickup is offered for any central hotel or location in Athens. Please note that pick up from Athens Airport will apply to extra charges. If you select Pickup from Athens airport the extra charge will be communicated to you beforehand.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus Port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Our operators are not official tour guides but English-speaking professional drivers and Locals that have been provided with all the necessary historical information about the sights visited. They cannot accompany you into the sights but will provide extended historical and local information to help you get the feeling of the city.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.