Private Half-Day Shore Excursion from Kusadasi: Ephesus, Temple of Artemis, and Sirince
When your ship moors in Kusadasi, seize the moment and visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of ancient Ephesus on this 5-hour private shore excursion. See the city's 25,000-capacity Theater, famous Library, and much, much more, before viewing the remains of the Temple of Artemis, once one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Enjoy a fruit wine tasting in the pretty hill village of Sirince before returning to Kusadasi in time for some last-minute shopping.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Wine tasting
- Licensed local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Your private guide picks you up at the cruise ship port in an air-conditioned minivan. and sets out for Ephesus, located about to begin your shore excursion. Absorb the views of the Aegean Sea as you travel north for about half an hour towards UNESCO-listed Ephesus.
You'll enter this stunningly preserved Greco-Roman site via the Magnesia Gate. Stroll with your knowledgeable guide around this once-bustling city, and learn about its storied past.
Follow the marble-paved streets past the shells of shops and Roman baths, and see the remains of the Odeon, the Fountain of Trajan, and the Temple of Hadrian. Keep your camera ready for two of Ephesus' most celebrated landmarks: the Library of Celsus and the Theater, a 25,000-seater arena where St. Paul may once have preached.
It's just a short drive to the remains of the Temple of Artemis, once one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.During its glory days, it boasted 127 columns: today, just a solitary restored column marks the site. Your guide will explain the temple's many incarnations over the centuries.
Your last stop is Sirince, a pretty hill village perched above Ephesus. This former Greek settlement is known for its wine and crafts, and offers a charming glimpse into rural Turkish life. Stroll the cobbled lanes past food and craft stalls, and sample some of the village's famous fruit wine at a local winery. Your guide will bring you back to Kusadasi with time for some shopping before you sail.
Please note: the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Departure Point :Kusadasi Cruise Port
Departure Time :To suit your ship's arrival
Return Detail :Kusadasi Cruise Port
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.