Private Heritage Walk Tour in Shimla
Shimla is the most fabulous hill station of India, well-known for its unique beauty and serenity. The landscape at a height of approximately 7200 feet (2200 meters) has a number of attractions, that will tell you a lot about the region. During the walk you will explore a number of old buildings, such as Gaiety Theater, General Post Office, Bantony, Betink’s Castle, Imperial Bank, Railway Board Building, Gorton Castle, Knockdrin, Kennedy Cottage,Cecil Hotel, and the Indian Institute of Advanced Study.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- All activities
- One way walk tour from Christ church to Indian Institute of Advance study
- All taxes
- Monument fees in Guide and tickets option only
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off is not included
- No Transport cost is included from Indian Institute of Advance study to Hotel or Christ church.You have to arrange by own
- Entry/Admission - Shimla Heritage Walk
- Entry/Admission - Indian Institute of Advanced Study
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Christ Church, Mall Rd, Shimla 171001 India
Our guide will meet you at maine entry gate of church.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Mall, Shimla 171001 India
Mall road is the main Street in shimla.constructed during British colonial.Your heritage walk will start from here.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Shimla Heritage Walk, Shimla Heritage Zone, Shimla India
Shimla acts as a hub for India's tourism sector. It is also home to a number of colleges and research institutions as well as multiple temples and palaces. The city's buildings are styled in the Tudorbethan and neo-Gothic architectures dating from the colonial era.
The heritage walk starts from the Christ Church,which is located at the western shoulder of Jakhu Hill and east towards the Viceregal Lodge. Shimla has a number of places to visit. Local hangouts like The Mall and The Ridge are in the heart of the city. Most of the heritage buildings in the city are preserved in their original 'Tudorbethan' architecture. The former Viceregal Lodge, which now houses the Indian Institute of Advanced Study, and Wildflower Hall, now a luxury hotel, are some of the famous ones.
During the walk your guide will take you through a number of old buildings such as Gaiety theatre, General Post Office, Imperial Bank, Railway Board Building, Gorton Castle, Knockdrin, Kennedy Cottage, Cecil Hotel,and Viceregal Lodge and you will find every building has a different style of architecture with many stories of the past. Your guide will narrate various facts and history about the old buildings as you enjoy the nature walk.
The last point of your heritage walk is the Indian Institute of Advanced Study. After learning about Shimla history your tour ends and you can take local transportation by own expense
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Indian Institute of Advanced Study, H P University Road, Shimla 171005 India
Here your trip will comes end.
Duration: 25 minutes
Departure Point :1: Christ Church, Shimla, Ridge To US Club, The Mall, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171001, India
2: Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India
Return Detail :Advance Study Centre, Bus Stop, Chaura Maidan, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171005, India
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.