Private Hiking Adventure in El Cajas National Park
You will be surprised by what the "Paramo" unique ecosystem has to offer. You will go to Cajas National Park which is only one hour away from the vibrant city of Cuenca, a beautiful protected area of 70,000 acres with different types of ecoystems, varying from cloud forest to rocky lunar landscapes.
Its diversity and its large number of lagoons, over 200, makes this national park truly unique.
Paramo is the highest ecosystem of the Park and it's importance has all to do with the fresh water that produces for the country. It is this higher located area that impresses the most; the paramo landscapes where mountain peaks and ice rocks are alternated by dark lakes and fields with wild llamas. Here you will take a nice hike and your private guide will give you insight explanations about the flora, fauna and social aspects of the area.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- English speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Activities not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- You will be picked up to visit El Cajas National Parks which is 70,000 acres shelter everything from cloud forest to rocky lunar landscapes, but the lakes characterize the reserve best. Most of El Cajas lies above 3,000 meters, with páramo covering most of the rugged terrain. Frost and ice above 4,000 meters try their best to deter the thriving of hardy vegetation such as the tiny quinoa tree, clinging to life higher than any other tree in the world. Look for these 200-year-old specimens tucked up against hillsides in pockets of primary forest, clothed in a green palette of mosses and ferns and fighting each other for sun- light.
You stand a good chance of seeing the wild llamas that were reintroduced to the park. The park’s other animal inhabitants, such as the bear, puma, and tigrillo, are more exclusive.
Departure Point :Pickup from your hotel in Cuenca
Return Detail :Drop-off at your hotel in Cuenca
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Things to bring: Sun block, raincoat (or umbrella), camera, sun glasses
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.