Private Manglares Churute Ecological Reserve from Guayaquil
Located in the Guayas Province of Ecuador, 40 km away from Guayaquil, you will start this adventure with a canoe trip through the mangrove forest.
Here, you can observe many species of birds, ghost crabs, and, with some luck, even a coastal crocodile, while your guide tells you about this unique mangrove ecosystem.
You disembark the canoe to follow the Howler Monkey Trail, where with some luck you will be able to see white-fronted capuchin monkeys and black howler monkeys as well.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- English speaking guide
- Lunch menu
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Activities not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Be picked up from your hotel in the morning and head to the Ecological Reserve Manglares Churute, takeing approximately 1.5-hours to get there. Begin with a canoe ride down a river and through the mangrove forest and witness the many species of birds and receive an explanation as to how the reserve preserves their habitat, as well as that of the local Mangrove Ghost Crabs.
The tour continues with a hike on the ‘Howler Monkey Trail,’ where you will most likely (though are not guaranteed) hear and see howler monkeys, as well as White-Fronted Capuchins. Your guide will also show you which trees and plants have medicinal or other useful purposes. The hike takes a little less than an hour and is not particularly strenuous, though there is an uphill portion and there are a lot of bugs. After the hike continue to local cacao farm for a typical Ecuadorian lunch, cooked by a local community member.
The final part of the tour will go to a local organic cacao farm and learn the process of making cacao into chocolate. See the different stages of the tree’s growth, the steps in the process, and of course, try some 100% cacao, as well as processed chocolate.
Finally, back to your Guayaquil accommodation.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please let us know your hotel for pick up, meet the guide at the lobby
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Things to bring: Sun block, raincoat (or umbrella), camera, sun glasses
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.