Private Northern Lights 4-hour Hunting
The best opportunity to try your luck in search of the Northern Lights. You don't need any experience or special equipment to come with us on this 4-hour private tour, just a sense of adventure. Just bring the recommended clothing, backpack, and a camera and we’ll provide everything else including hotel pickup, snacks, and transportation on a 4WD car.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- Personal aurora expert
- Snacks by open fire
- Personal four-wheel-drive car
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Search for the Northern Lights by heading to secluded areas only accessible by 4x4 vehicle.
You will be picked up at your hotel by a 4x4 driving car by our expert northern lights guide. Leave the lights of the city behind and head into the darkness for our adventure. On the search for the northern lights, you might travel through some of Rovaniemi’s most spectacular natural sights without knowing but your guide is sure to let you know what the night is hiding. 4x4 vehicle gives you the flexibility to go off of the beaten path to locations the big buses can not reach. Giving you a greater chance to enjoy the northern lights and the wonders of the night sky without the discomfort of big crowds. In the cold night, there is nothing like some hot chocolate to keep warm and the brave ones can even add some Finnish Koskenkorva to theirs!
This 4WD tour is all about Northern Lights hunting and you'll spend the full 3-4 hours finding the best location for Aurora viewing. Given clear skies and a little bit of luck, sightings can occur from autumn through to spring.
Make sure you book your Northern Lights in Rovaniemi tour for your first night in town in order to maximise your chances of sightings. You can't tell beforehand where this tour takes you but the only sure thing is that you will drive away from the city to a location where there's total darkness. If the sky is clear, you might be lucky enough to see the famous Northern Lights.
Remember to bring: Warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good warm shoes and wool socks. Northern lights tours require you to watch the skies and that means you will be outside at night in Lapland.
Departure Point :Pickup from accommodation in Rovaniemi City
Departure Time :9:00 PM
Return Detail :Tour ends with drop off at your hotel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for child aged 3 and under
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.